Weapon Prefrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chemical Agents would be the coolest way to kill someone. Any kind just for the simple fact, of mass, or just one person.... i dunn i thought about that for a little while, but seems to work the best.

LOL, yip. I wouldn't secessaraly (or however you spell it) say they were smarter. I think it was probably more to do with underestimating the machine gun and the typical Imperialist commanders of the time didn't want to change the way the armies were set up, too much pride to see the truth. The invention of the tank help to turn the tides later in the war though - the Germans weren't able to design and manufacture any during WW1 to counteract the British ones :) Anyway, thats all in the past, and in the past it must remain.

I wish the British (notably the Scottish) public would realise this is the same reason we are shaken up the Scottish regiments into one "Super Regiement" - Modernisation - to cope with more modern threats more effienciently and with a higher chance of success. Anyone who is opposed should be chucked into military academy for 3 years.

Oh, my Great Great Gran is still alive and kicking. She's 99 on the 10th of this month. Her 5 older brothers all lost their lives in the 1st WW. She has a room dedicated to them, with all their Royal Scots and KOSB Kilt uniforms, Bayonents the lot. It really is a step back in time. I can spend hours in that room and never get bored. Such a waste of life.

Has anyone seen Downfall yet? I seen it today, quite moving. Really does make you think.

Well I typically thought it was the pompous attitude that imperial commanders have.. like running up with horses and having swords. Well, Germans tanks in WWII were a different story. Nobody had anything to stand up to the Panzer tanks.. even the T-34 couldn't. What we did have though was more numerous tanks.

But dang in WWII the MG-42 sure dished out a lot of punishment. And if the Germans got the StG .44 out three years earlier.. the outcome of the war may have been different.

yeah i agree...

but

i think this is getting off topic... could we get back to the original poll options n discussions please?

OK. My weapon of choice would be a Challenger 2 battle tank or the new Chinese one that they have brought out. Seeminly it can blind the oppenent tank by fireing a laser into the optics of the camera, and since most modern tanks need computer guidence for firing on the move, this'll be cool. Oh, the tear gas canesters have to be replaced by VX nerve gas though. Shells MUST be spent Urainium.

I agree about the WW2 thing. For a couple of years, it was thought they might win the war. Thank god America had the equipment, Russia had the men (and the sense not to side with Germany), and Briton had the Navy and a few colonies left.

If it wasn't for all three, we'd all be "Spreaken Dutch" (not sure with the spelling, lol).

Re: Warrior...

Giancarlo said:
Don't even start with me.

dont worry im not going to post on this topic again... its ovious that your too pathetic to have a proper discussion with anyone.

has anyone here actually thought of designing their own hand weapons/armour or what ever??? i know i have. ive designed some gauntlets, helmets, several weapons that im quite proud of and some concepts too.

connchri said:
OK. My weapon of choice would be a Challenger 2 battle tank or the new Chinese one that they have brought out. Seeminly it can blind the oppenent tank by fireing a laser into the optics of the camera, and since most modern tanks need computer guidence for firing on the move, this'll be cool. Oh, the tear gas canesters have to be replaced by VX nerve gas though. Shells MUST be spent Urainium.

A new chinese tank? They don't have anything like that... they don't even have the resources to replace all those MiG-19s they still have in service.

A new chinese tank? They don't have anything like that... they don't even have the resources to replace all those MiG-19s they still have in service.

gian it wouldnt surprise me if they had designed something new. THEY DO HAVE THE RESOURCES!!!! next to the US, China is the second largest buyer of natural resources! they are one of the main buyers of Australian natural resources at the moment. i know because we studied this in Economics in year 11 and 12. they look like they might even be able to contest with america for trading rights n stuff like that.

so gian. they DO HAVE THE RESOURCES. its whether or not they actually HAVE brought anything out or not that u should be looking into at the moment.

Uh don't mock me. China doesn't have the resources to even buy enough SU-30s to replace all their MiG-19s. It would cost them hundreds of billions that they don't have allocated to their budget. A lot of the materials they do buy are for their industries, not so their military.

Again don't BS me again. Thanks. You aren't citing facts either.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/type-90_prc.htm

That is the latest. It doesn't have a laser that jams computers. It has a laser tracking system. Not a system jammer. This isn't Red Alert. They only have ordered 100 of them.

Rather the Type 59 is the most numerous in Chinese service. It is based on the T-54.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/type-59.htm

Very old technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom