P2P programs

I use Limewire, Mybitttorent.com and torrentsoy.com, because they are fast and have good p0rn on, and good results

Sorry peps, but I'm gonna have a dig in here.

You shouldn't be using P2P programs anyway. If you can afford the PC's that you have, you should be able to afford a £15 DVD, probably only about $20 in the US.

Bit-Torrent, yip, no problem, but thats coz I use it whenever I can to speed up any download.

Seriously, in the real world a country and companies seriously suffers economically from piracy. It should be treated likewise and as punishable as equivelent physical crimes!

Thats my opinion, and I don't see whats wrong with it.

connchri said:
Sorry peps, but I'm gonna have a dig in here.
You shouldn't be using P2P programs anyway. If you can afford the PC's that you have, you should be able to afford a £15 DVD, probably only about $20 in the US.
Hey, I use Limewire, Shareaza, and bittorent, but it's not like im a criminal. First point, P2p programs are LEGAL, its what you donwload that is illegal.
Second point. I only use mine to get things I already have. Say I have my fav music CD, it gets lost or damaged, should I have to go and reBuy something I already bought? NO, as long have you have boughten it and have proof that you bought it I dont see whats wrong in downloading it. Same goes for DVD's as well. 3rd point. You can use P2p for many legal things as well, like sharing photos and Various other things with people. Last point: you can buy Pro versions of some p2P programs, Like i Bought Limewire Pro (not downloaded) why would someone be as stupid as to sell something illegal? Also, i make various videos (commedys and machinama mostly) and if i dont have webspace, Why not upload it to limeiwre or shareaza so I can get it out to other people! P2P isnt BAD, it's what some people do with it that is illegal.

Erm, as said earlier, that was my OPINION.

Anyhow, I should have said before, P2P programs are fine if not used for piracy, but come on, 99.9% of people out there who use P2P programs use it for illegally downloading music. Thats why I think it should not be used. I'm not instructing you not to. It also spreads virus's like crazy so unless there controlled a bit more I reckon they should be avoided.

Question, if you just use it for regaining your lost CD's, why use so many P2P programs and how do you manage to loose them to such an extent?

You also keep making points that P2P is not illegal - Did I ever say it was???? I said Piracy was, and as I just said, I bet 99.9% of users use their P2P programs for pirated reasons (Don't tell me that no-one on this thread don't use P2P as such, coz I garantee most do). This was my point.

For those that do use P2P for legit reason, fair enough and kudos but really, theres so many viruses and the amount of searching to find anything you have uploaded (such as your Picts e.t.c.) that it would be almost pointless for to be found and downloaded by someone who would be interested. A website (with free hosting) would be much more suitable. Try MSN places - gets to more people.

I'm sure that clears up most of your points.

not if you use direct connect, if you have someones ip adress, you can connect to their content. and thats mainly what I use it for. and i let people I know have my IP so they can get my content.

OK, but you have to agree on my other points.

I should have made them clearer 1st time round.

P.S. there are better things around to share content.

Back
Top Bottom