RealVNC

semtex

In Runtime
hey there,

if you didn't know about it already i just thought i'd bring your attention to RealVNC - http://www.realvnc.com - this has to be one of the most useful and well written programs i have ever had the pleasure of using.

Has anyone else used it? what's your views on it? if you haven't used it before then you want to, and it's free! fantastic and easy remote control. Always handy if you want to do things on your PC at work that you could get fired for; because you can just connect to your home PC and use that!

Yeah I have used VNC it is cool, especially since it is RAM efficient.
spartan228 said:
great more ways a hacker can get into your computer lol
haha you know alot about hackers getting into your computer don't you?

more ways for a hacker to get in?

for a start VNC is able to impliment 128bit encripted passwords, and you can manually set the ports used for incomming connections which always helps when it comes to scanners

I quite like this idea...it could mean for once I wouldn't have to leave the house to fix my grandparents PC's :p

yeah thats the point, especially good for ISP's so they dont have to call someone out to a house they can remotely do it.

Would you really want your ISP messing with your PC? I know I wouldn't...

They wouldn't do much good anyway if you think about it and would take too long.

Take NTL's advise for example "unplug the cord first and reset it... now restart the pc"

you've just lost the connection already

then you come back on "oh it doesn';t wotrk, okay now go to internet explorer and go into settings and change this setting here...then restart again"

once again...lost the connection!

"okay that didn't work either? i'm sorry... try shutting down and starting it back up again"

lost the connection

sorry lol, but they are useless

Back
Top Bottom