No sound :( please help, Soltek SL-75FRN2 and AMD.....

yeha, it could be mute... hmmm... thats wierd, i have to admit. i have sound blaster and ive never had those problems...

Another thing that might be worth checking is, is it set up?
Go into BIOS (del at startup) and find where it says 'Onboard Audio (or sound)' and enable this if its not already (It might be in the one that says Advanced Chipset Features'. Then go to Save and Exit within the BIOS. Because remember that it is an onboard motherboard chip and might not be activated

Then restart, and see if it works.
If it doesn't try this:

Delete those drivers using the Device Manager in the control panel, System and install these instead:

http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-Realtek_AC97-24553.html

Then install these and do a restart.

Then go to windows and see if it works :)
I hope it does

Yeah im kinda getting frustrated, i think im going to go into the bios turn the sound off then turn the sound back on, also reinstall the drivers a final time before i maybe reset the CMOS

Yeah okay. You shouldn't be getting these problems though, I'm sorry.

When you have the computer on though, does a speaker cone icon appear in the taskbar on the right?

Thats wot the thread is about, onboard sound not working :p Hmm I guess it could be a possiblity, would have been the first time i've heard the onboard chip being fried though

Yeah im wondering if something is funny with the onboard but its not like there is anything to hook up i dont think for the sound.

and yes I do see the speaker in the bottom and the sound effect one too, and they are all on HIGH :(

Thats weird then, so the driver is setup. If it wasn't, the devices wou;dn't even be able to go to high, they'd be blanked out.

Is mute on any of them for instance?

Are the speakers plugged into the right port at the back? Usually a green one for stereo :)

Ok so update ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I cleared the CMOS but that acomplished nothing.

The only thing i can HEAR is when i raise and lower the volume, i can hear distortion though the jack, thats all i can hear though just the chaning of volume/watts though the jack,

SO still no sound, i have installed about every driver on this earth no luck :(
All my volumes are set full, none are muted

Have you checked they are set on the right port? The green one at the back?

Back
Top Bottom