fan size

oh, thats awesome, but i g2g, ill search for this thread, and be back on later

i have 2 80mm fans in keeps things just right but my cpu seems to trip at about 62 degreese the 2 fans keep it at 40 - 50 degreese also i have to run a heatsink and fan for a AMD 3400+ but im about to fit a third intake fan. for the sake of a fiver it cant hurt to put extra fans in for extra peice of mind

Yeah, its always best to go for a case that provides more 120mm fans which do run slower, which means less noise, but still pushes out heat than 80mm's

When you get your computer set up, it'd be best to have ones that act as exausts (blow hot air out of the case) and ones that blow cold air in to the case which should keep a good airflow and lower temps. This just means turning around the fans.

so, are you saying that i need to have the two 120 mm fans blowing out the air, and turn the 80 mm fan around so that if brings air in, so i have a good air flow??

Hmm, i'd have one of the 120mm fans blowing air in, and the other blowing air out, and have the 80mm one probably blowing out too

The bigger the fan, the more are that can be moved at lower speeds. I have 2 120mm fans in my case running around 1600RPM and they keep it cool. Now when I crank them up to around 4000, they scream, but then it REALLY cools down this sysem.

Another thing, if you're into keeping noise down, larger ones tend to be more quiet. Now, if mine weren't on a controller, I certainly couldn't stand how loud they are on full blast.

Something else I found out, which this might be due to my case layout, I donno... But my case seems to get coolest when my rear fan is full blast and my front is at it's slowest speed. When I have them both going fast, the temp rises!

Weird. Maybe that has something to do with how the air flow moves around, and if the front one was pushing out, maybe the one blowing in at the back somehow gets pushed straight out by the front.
I might try that, though my front one blows in :p

actually, i just looked, and i noticed taht it has room for one 90 mm fan, or to 120 mm fans......what about one 90 mm fan, is that good, or not enough

Does that make sense surely if you have 120mm is bigger so it doesnt make sense cus has room for one 90mm or room for two 120mm who does this work cus 90 is smaller so you should get more in.

Back
Top Bottom