cool photos

Yeah those are interested pics :p

Because it is strobe, and just one frame, is that why theres no motion blur?

I like the one going through jelly. It shows the way the bullet moves really well, and are those big round circles the air particles moving like you see in Matrix? Does this really happen? Or don't you actually see them? The ones shooting from the Revolver don't show them, just loads of smoke :p

Oh yeah, nothing to do with them, but is that bang you get from guns after setting them off, the breaking of the sound barrier? Or is this just the motion to set it going? Or do they even break the sound barrier?

Yep...

The strobe is tied to the microphone. when it hears the bang or some other sound it fires the strobe. To get more than one image on a plate you just use a light behind a wheel with slots in it. The shutter on the camera stays open during the entire event.
The bang you hear from a gun is from two sources. The first is the powder going off and the second is the supersonic boom when the round leaves the muzzle. If a round goes more than 1100 feet per second then it's considered supersonic. Not really good for being stealthy. My Colt 45 A1 model 70 fires a .45cal ACP round at 1400FPS. And throws a flame over a foot long. Well that's my Glazer rounds doing all that. The rings you see behind a round caught on film is the shock waves as it passes through the air or ballistic gel. The matrix stuff was a CGI version of this event. Looks cool.
Now see if we didn't have high speed photography you'd never seen all that.

Wow, kewl info Setishock.

Yeah I knew the Matrix was CGI :p, I was just saying is this the sort of real effect.

So yea that explains it all :D Thanks

Ive posted this before so you have proabley seen it....
pic0801.jpg

Wish that was me!
F14-flyby.jpg

This is why women live longer...
WomenLiveLonger2.jpg

Woh 99nasha...where you get them pics from? :eek:

That plane was is amazing...was it even moving at the time though? I'm sure that plane would be too fast for cameras without at least seeing a bit of motion blue on it or something. Maybe its photoshopped :p

and look how many computers are powering that video output? I didn't know computer could be linked to play the same game at the same time with only one controller... Unless that is all one PC somehow

Back
Top Bottom