MSN Problem

T-Doit

In Runtime
I hav MSN, and whenever I am online for a long period of time... it magically logs me off. I dun't know if its the fact that I hav a Wireless Internet Adapter. The Wireless Adapter says it has a Excellent Connection. PLZ Help!

how long are you logged on for and are you using because sometimes MSN might logged you off just incase you left your computer on and someone started using it?

Get Trillian that will auto connect you back on!

Technoman is probably correct as i am running net through wireless and it is on constantly the router never drops connection. the actual internet provider may drop connection from time to time.

I don't exactly agree with Trillian even though it allows you to contact both MSN and AOL chatters. What I don't like is the fact you can't do anything interactive except chat, like games, sending files, etc... bit stupid if you ask me :p

I don't think there is a setting on MSN to stop it after a couple of hours or so, and you might find it is the version of the program you are using.

Do yuio by any chance use Microsoft Messenger that comes with Windows XP? Or MSN Messenger that you have to download?

Sometimes anyways the connection can be dodgy, since I'm sure everyone gets dissconnections once in a while

Hope this helps

Kage said:
What I don't like is the fact you can't do anything interactive except chat, like games, sending files, etc... bit stupid if you ask me :p

Can you please give me some examples of what MSN MESSENGER can do over TRILLIAN.

Thank You

Well Trillian isn't built jsut for MSN so it allows other people to be able to chat together (AIM,AOL,ICQ,Yahoo,MSN). I guess that is a good thing

Though it doesn't allow games to be played, doesn't allow transfers of files, doesn't allow audio or camera invitations...basically everything MSN can do as extras, it doesn't allow...

Hmm though I just looked at this:

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/learn/

I'm sorry. It says it does allow transfers and audio connections yet it doesn't say on what networks. My mate has Trillian and can't accept files or have conversations anymore... maybe she doesn't have the latest version

Oh well, sorry Technoman :p

no problem mate, i send files to my friends no problems. I never use audio chats or video so i am happy! And one more thing MSN viruses can not use my computer to send them to my friends.

Can i add you to my MSN address please? Soz was a bit out of the blue, i will chat to you at about 5:30pm if you want.

Back
Top Bottom