processer, and motherbored

Gian recommended some good stuff, but I think it would be safer to get a 3500 Winchester which is under your 500 limit. Sure you would save money by getting the 3000 cuz you could OC, but since your new to this stuff, I think it's best to not mess around with that stuff since there are a lot of risks. Yeah we could always teach you or you could google it, but I just think it would be safer and it isn't going past your budget anyway.

actually, could one of you guys just go to newegg and please link it to the forums.., cause i cant find what ur talkin about

srry, i g2g, but, i will be back, and ill search for my thread....later, thanks for the help

Giancarlo said:
No it isn't. You can put any PCI Express card into that board. ATI or Nvidia. It doesn't require Nvidia cards.

I think nVIDIA cards would work better though. Mostly because of driver conflicts, since nVIDIA and ATI don't really mix.

It'll be easier to recommend things once you give a total budget, like what's the most you can spend on the whole system?

oh, and about the graphics cards conflicting with the motherboreds, is that a common porblem

I had an ATi 9800 Atlantis before I upgraded to my current card and had absolutely no problems with driver conflicts or anything of that sort (i have an nForce3 chipset). I don't think you should worry about that.

alvino said:
I think nVIDIA cards would work better though. Mostly because of driver conflicts, since nVIDIA and ATI don't really mix.

This is a myth. They all have to obay the AGP/PCIe standards, as well as drivers for the same OS.

What would you use on a VIA or SIS chipset for graphics?? Sis915 LMAO, or VIA's partner Trident? Idont think so.

For the price also, why spend so much more for only another 500+? I would also recomend the 3000+. There are very little risks nowadays when overclocking - so don't worry if you choose to do so, CF users will be glad to help.

Back
Top Bottom