You guys pimp my pc!

CargoSlug

In Runtime
Ok guys heres the deal. I work hard all summer with my dad in our yard landscaping he gets me a videocard for my comp. heres what I had in mind ATI x850xt platnimum AGP. Is there any possible way that ther is any way I can go dual videocards with my mobo? here is a link http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/lc/index.htm and here is my cpu
http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium4/index.htm now I will go either go nvida or ATI but thier top of the line cards only. do I need that new PCI-E crap to get the best and go dual? I hope this is a great gaming machine I have 1gig ram right now and will evntually get 4. so would like 2 videocards acutally be nessary? if possible on my mobo?

Also tell me what I need to be the ultimate gaming machine with out changin my cpu or my mobo... for the cpu I have the 478 3,2 gig.....**Sigh**

bridge chip

I seen somewhere you can get a bridge chip? to convert PCI-E to AGP? is this true? and will it still preform what that card would at AGP8x? like it would if it wasnt the bridgechip?

No "great gaming machine" should be based with Intel. If you're gonna make an ownage gaming comp or a gaming comp in general, ya gotta go with AMD plain and simple.

EDIT: And that mobo won't even go SLI in the first place. Go AMD, get an nforce 4 board with SLI support so you can get dual cards, and then get your ram and hdd, etc. Also, you won't need 4GB's of ram, 2 is mooooore than enough. You won't even see the difference with 4.

lol edit again: If you tell me what the most you can spend is, I'll actually just get you a list of parts that will more than fit your needs.

Addition to the Video Card, you are going to have to go with PCI-E. hope u didnt purchase everything yet. Cause if you did, poop.

UPDATE...

Your computer you got by no means, is SH*T and dont let no one tell you other wise, we all have a prefs. Anyways if you want to go with your mobo and current cpu, you can only use one Vid Card. Just pick the best for you.

videocard

Thanks for the help guys. But Will the ATI x850xt pe go with agp and be just fine for gamming and getting a strong frame rate on high graphics and crap like that?

Duzz said:
Addition to the Video Card, you are going to have to go with PCI-E. hope u didnt purchase everything yet. Cause if you did, poop.

Duzz what are you talking about she has to go with PCI-E, under video it has:
Universal 0.8/1.5 V AGP 3.0 connector supporting 1x, 4x, and 8x AGP cards or an AGP Digital Display (ADD) card
Note the AGP part.

dylanroscovich said:
Thanks for the help guys. But Will the ATI x850xt pe go with agp and be just fine for gamming and getting a strong frame rate on high graphics and crap like that?

PCI-E cards don't fit in a AGP slots.

yeha, agp is so last generation... get the pci e. its 16x, twice as fast as 8x agp (duh). as games get better and more complex, ull wish you got pci e...

lol

her...jeez im not a chick................. i just like gutairs...so that was the only avatar...lol....take that back!

anyway get 6800ultra if you going AGP if you do (and u should) go pci-ex or SLI and AMD chip or intel dual core get the 6800ultras if you go SLI and x850xt pe if you go pci-ex

yeah dylan, you're gonna need pci-e, i'd suggest you get a little bit cheaper card(like the X800 series, you can get the platinum for about $350-400 on ebay) and get a new mobo(you should be able to find a solid asus board for around 100 dollars)I'ts important to know that a great gaming machine isn't just it's graphics card

Back
Top Bottom