Making a FPS

Syn7ax 3rror

Banned
Hey everyone. I'm currently interested in making a game. A FPS to be exact.(First person shooter)

The story goes like this:

It's the year(random futre year)and you're the first human to be cloned.Only a few people no about it, and no one knows what will happen. So far, tests went fine on goats and dogs, but no man has ever been cloned. You shake as you walk into the cloneing room, and walk into the machine. The door close and the lights flicker off. Yuo feel your self getting disey, and then BAM, your out cold.

7 weeks later, you wake up. You notice you havnt gotten any older, and that the clock inside this room is going backword. You get a message from your captin saying to reamain calm. You'r in another demension he says, the demension of time. You smell death and human decay. And you cock you'r pistol as you walk through the doors ahead.

If you think the idea sounds gay, let me know. OPlease reply if you want to help.

I need the follwing:
2 C++ programers that know tha language well
2-3 Mapper/Texture artists
2-3 MOdelers/Animation artists
1 GUI/Menue artist

*I will be coding C++*

Let me know what you think.

sounds cool, could do with a bit more background though, why was he chosen to be cloned, who is he, why has he been given a pistol, why does it smell explain more whats happened

Ok:

You name: Dr. J. Anderson
ID Number: 0894521
You work at the incromlabs, on the planet earth.
For the last 2 years, you have been experimenting with various types of cloning- including human cloning.
just lasy week, you sent a camera through. When the film on the cloned camera came back, while the camera was being broken down for the cloning cycle, you notice the film go fuzzy, hear a roar, go black and then comeback on.

The date is now (random future date) and it's your time to enter. You know the machine is flawless- you practically programmed it your self. Dr. Heslor hands you a 9mm just in case things get shacky.

And trust me, THEY WILL...

i've got an idea...lemme type it up...

Okay, the name of the game is "Destructive Interference"
character name: John Davidson
Plot: basically ur cloned, but ur clone is evil....for some reason, i dunno why yet, and at the beginning, u and ur clone duel but he gets away...and with the knowledge of how to clone begins building his own clone army... or sometthing i dunno....i think we should do more of a sci fi type game, but that's just me....i dunno, just some quick thoughts

That's what I've heard. I ouwld like it to be light, with real guns and realistic maps.

I would also like to announce our first member,

CRAZYJOE16!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard.

That sounds pretty cool, but try making it sound darker. Put detail into things, give disturbing images ya know?

exactly!!!. but stay away from the doom 3 thing. i got a few friends that got seriously pissed off witht eh things jumping out all teh time that they just stopped. and to me it seemed like it just kept doing the same stuff over adn over and got really boring really fast.

Back
Top Bottom