No sound :( please help, Soltek SL-75FRN2 and AMD.....

smokedvw

Solid State Member
So I just started a new job and did a fresh install of XP.

The motherboard is a soltek SL-75FRN2-L with a AMD 2600+.

I installed the drivers just like it says to in the book, the all in 1 first then i istalled the Realtek AC 97 drivers but no sound.

I have checked the bios, looked though all the truble shooting guides and still no luck.

WTF, is there a wire thay maybe was not connected or is the audio out directly attached to the board. I have also tried all output ports and everytihng with no luck.

I have installed/ removed /reinstalled 10 times

Anyone have any info that may help?

Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for it? And are your speakers plugged in correctly?

99nasha said:
Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for it? And are your speakers plugged in correctly?

I have tried the newest drivers from soltek. i have unplugged and tried other headphones .... in every slot a million times

What are you trying to listen to? Music or anything. Mabye the volume is turned down somewhere??

99nasha said:
What are you trying to listen to? Music or anything. Mabye the volume is turned down somewhere??

Music, System tones, Like beeps, i have gone though ALL of the trubleshooting guides
with no avail :(

The volume isnt turned down, im wondering if anytying needs to be plugged into the motherboard where it attaches to the output jacks. Like a wire or something or is the on board stuff already set up.

Yeah i was just told by a co worker that the company for his mobo had teh wrong drivers, does anyone have a SL-75FRN2 which drivers do u use?

Yeah I am wondering about this, i think it may be the wrong drivers for the card, like maybe its a sound max but thye have realtek drivers.

I used the nvidia ones from teh nvidia website but they did not work, do i need the AC 97 for sound to work?

The one that comes with it is Realtek?? Does anyone have this mobo or konw a soltek site?

I got my sound drivers from nvidia's site and I have sound so that shouldn't be the issue. Try rightclicking My Computer and go to Properties. Go to the Hardware tab and then Device Manager. Go to the part that says something about sound or sound devices, etc. and click the plus box so it's a minus and tell me what you see.

ill have to do taht when im at work again tommorow but in taht seciton there is about 5 things, one of which is the realtek sound...... doesnt work though :(

Is there any red x's by any of them and if not then try right clicking and going to properties and then troubleshoot.

Back
Top Bottom