laptop sizes

Combat_Wombat

Daemon Poster
hey guys, basically im looking for the smallest laptop i can find.

what i want to do with it is put it in the dash of my car to run my stereo off instead of having the regular head deck. i need it to be extremely compact so that it wont take up much space and i dont have to move much around underneath to get the thing in there.

id prefer it not to be new either. something crappy and second hand is all i want. that way it wont cost me a lot and i wont be missing much if the car gets flogged or written off.

all i want pretty much is the model name, size and what it packs completely stock so i know what to expect when i get one.

thanx guys,
Assassin_666

PS: if possible can u put prices (if u post any) in roughly what itd cost in AUD plz?

ay thanx mate

anyone got much of an idea how these things hold up to some strong heat on the back of the screen?? cuz if i put one in the dash of my car then its gotta get hot, specially in the Ozzie sun.

you'd be better off setting it down on the floor or between the seats, but not on the dash.Not only are you advertizing *hey come and steal me* but the sun will prolly melt something.

yeah thats sorta what i was thinking might happen. im going to have it conceiled in the dash though, should be covered by a removable piece of dash is what im thinking.

ill have a look and see when i get my 1tunna as to whether it will fit between the seats.

might have to pull the mid section of the dash out (where the head deck usually goes) and put in a new customised section instead...

Dell had that really thin one like as thin as a pen but I'm not sure if they still make it or not.

yeah thats why im lookin into it now so i know how much im going to need!!!!

thanx david! that may be what im after!

ive seen an IBM one that was pretty small. it didnt have a touch pad, just the little dot of the mouse in the middle of the keyboard. im not sure what it was but it looks pretty good.

also what sorta stuff could i use for backing to keep the heat down inside the compartment for the laptop?

Some of the apple laptops are tiny, i cant remeber it but there was laptop about the size of a small school excersise book half the size of A4 paper ...TINY

now THAT sounds like what im after!... good by mac... hello windows! hello winamp! hello good sounds in my car!!!!

Back
Top Bottom