Hotmail Error: says cookies are disabled when there not! HELP PLZ!

sns2317

Solid State Member
I keep on getting this error when I try to log into hotmail:

Your Web browser options are currently set to disable cookies. To use .NET Passport, you must enable cookies.

.NET Passport stores cookies (small text files) on your computer that let you sign in to .NET Passport participating sites. For information about how to enable cookies, see the online help for your Web browser.

I have checked my internet options and this is not true, in the options is says ALL cookies are enabled! Anyone know what this is or how I fix it, has anyone ever had this same thing happen to them? I am really getting tired of this error please help me!

BTW, I found out that the only way to fix it is to clear my internet files, but once I log into hotmail a 2nd time it goes right back to giveing me this error. Also, I know it's not spyware, I ran spybot and microsoft anti-spyware programs and it found nothing.

just try moving your cookie settings then comes up with defualt click that and apply and ok see if that works it worked for me any ways

I have already tried that. This has been happening to me for about a week.

Any more ideas?

Hehe, well put.
It is true though. You will find a lot of people switching to Firefox.
It is safer, more reliable, and faster too. it also allows for a new kind of browsing called Tabbed browsing which instead of loading loads of seperate windows, it places al the links into one to click on. Very useful :)

Tools-Internet Options
Privecy Tab Look for the Websites section Click on Edit, type in www.hotmail.com and hit Allow Cookie. Should solve your problem.

Back
Top Bottom