Adjusting "sounds"

Brookfield

Golden Master
Can someone remind me where I go to switch beeps etc., on/off, I haven't done it for some time, & I want an audio signal when printing is is finished, the facility is there, I just need to turn it on.

Thanks, Maurice
good.gif

I'd guess you do have sound coming through though from music and other sounds from windows?

If you do, you can adjust sounds/add sounds by going to the Control Panel and to 'Sounds and Audio Devices'.
After you are here, go to the 'Sounds' tab.

You can now select sounds from anywhere in your system to act as as sign, for instance 'Print Complete' is there.

If you have no sound at all and you just get beeps, you'll need to make sure you have a sound card installed. If you go to 'Sounds and Audio Devices' and it is blanked out, you know you have a problem.

Hope this helps :)

Re: Adjusting

Kage said:
I'd guess you do have sound coming through though from music and other sounds from windows?

If you do, you can adjust sounds/add sounds by going to the Control Panel and to 'Sounds and Audio Devices'.
After you are here, go to the 'Sounds' tab.

You can now select sounds from anywhere in your system to act as as sign, for instance 'Print Complete' is there.

If you have no sound at all and you just get beeps, you'll need to make sure you have a sound card installed. If you go to 'Sounds and Audio Devices' and it is blanked out, you know you have a problem.

Hope this helps :)
Been there, done that, thanks, yes, I have a good soundcard, "Soundblaster", I've always had sound, right back to when I had a laptop, to me, a computer without sound is abnormal, my favourite is a high & low beep when I change from higher to lower case when typing, saves a lot of time, going back on my work!

Cheers, Maurice
up.gif

Oh...I thought the cheers meant I had figured it out...reading it again though, I've realised that might not be the case.
That is defintely where you go to change the sounds anyway, if you get them or not is a different matter.
You didn't make yourself that clear :p

Hehe, unless the type of music you like are ones from old arcades:
Beep, beep meep beep. Beep beep, beep meep.......beep beeeeep, beep beep beep beep :p
I'm not saying anything if you do like this kind of music...I like chip music from MOD's too... but I do prefer MP3's...

Kage said:
Oh...I thought the cheers meant I had figured it out...reading it again though, I've realised that might not be the case.
That is defintely where you go to change the sounds anyway, if you get them or not is a different matter.
You didn't make yourself that clear :p

Hehe, unless the type of music you like are ones from old arcades:
Beep, beep meep beep. Beep beep, beep meep.......beep beeeeep, beep beep beep beep :p
I'm not saying anything if you do like this kind of music...I like chip music from MOD's too... but I do prefer MP3's...
Kage, been there, done that, means, er, been there, done that!, It's an English expression, I guess that you're not from my country, yes, I did as suggested, & turned on a tone for "end printing", & no, I wasn't cheering you, [why would I do that???] again, it'sEnglish for "cheerio", [heh heh].
Oy, not so much of "the old arcades", I play some of Playstation 2's newest & toughest games, but I still like the oldies, why, just recently I got a new PS2 re-hash of a number of "old" arcade games on one disc;- Pong, Centipede etc etc, & I enjoy playing them now & again, doesn't tax the brain so much!

Maurice

By the way, the correct spelling is definitely "definitely"....heh heh
blink.gif

I was talking about the music, not the games :p As you can get MOD plugins for Winamp which will allow you to play music from megadrive games for example, in the form of Gym files. If you are a fan of Snes music, you'd be looking for SPC files :p

Yes I am english and know what those phrases mean, yet I don't know still what you are saying. Does the end printing sound work you selected then? Or don't you get any output from your speakers? So is it working or not?!!! :eek:

and thanks for the correct spelling, I'll keep that in mind...just want to spell it wrong one more time for all time sakes... definetly :p Now I can spell it Definitely. Thanks

Kage said:
I was talking about the music, not the games :p As you can get MOD plugins for Winamp which will allow you to play music from megadrive games for example, in the form of Gym files. If you are a fan of Snes music, you'd be looking for SPC files :p

Yes I am english and know what those phrases mean, yet I don't know still what you are saying. Does the end printing sound work you selected then? Or don't you get any output from your speakers? So is it working or not?!!! :eek:

and thanks for the correct spelling, I'll keep that in mind...just want to spell it wrong one more time for all time sakes... definetly :p Now I can spell it Definitely. Thanks
You're a nut case, Kage,[in the nicest sense] do you know that?, so you were joking about "cheers", you could have fooled me, I thought at first you were taking the p***, but nah, I guess not, but how come that Steven understands me perfectly, but I throw you into a tiz,....now I guess you'll want an explanation of "tiz", welllll, you ain't gittin' one! heh heh.

PS, YES YES, the tone "end printing" works now, clear?, you'll wear an old guy out :mad:

hehe whatever. You could have just said that! :eek: Yes it works Kage, or Yes it works, or simply, Yay it makes a sound after printing...This would have sufficed... Anyway, glad its working :p

Back
Top Bottom