ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

CamaroBoy

Solid State Member
How good is the 9800 Pro actually? As far as gaming goes would it be a good card with the rest of my system stats? I just wanna play stuff like far cry, half life 2, and the sims 2. Does anyone else have this card? I would just like some feedback. Thanks -Matt

well it looks like you already have it but all in all its not bad. starting to get kinda outdated though. BUT DONT FORGET U CAN GET LIKE 58K ON AQUAMARK3 if you put aftermarket cooling and waste a bunch of time o/c or you could get a 6600gt. which owns the 9800 pro

I have the 9800 Pro and its alright, but I am slightly dissapointed with it. it'll run new games at rather high settings. At full settings it'll run Half life 2 at around 20-100fps depending on the scene at 800x600, and with Warcraft Online for instance, again at full settings, you'll be getting about 20 too at 800x600.

So it's alright at the moment for new games if you don't want to be running games at full settings, because you can get about 50fps in medium settings in some games, and Doom 3 runs rather well too with hardly no jerks at Medium detail.
but I'm going to go for the Geforce 6600GT soon as this will be much better!

Back
Top Bottom