FPS Rate = GAH!!!

DelTASteveB

Baseband Member
I know I shouldn't be getting great rates out of my ATI x700 PRo, but again, my computer is acting funny. It is only getting roughly 60 FPS, which the old NvIdia 128 MB gave me. Could it be something along the lines of spyware (lord knows what my little brother looks at) , or could it be power supply? My card requires a 300 Watt supply, and that's all i have. Any suggestions are appreciated.

300 is fine, thats what it tells u to run with when u have other things in the pci slots and lots of cd roms and such. what game is this that your talking about? what settings, do you have it set to performance or quality settings in the catalysts menu?

Hmm, thats a good point. I need to try adjuswting the settings, seems my little brother has set them all the way up. The Catalyst menu is still the same, he's locked out of that.

If its sticking at around 60fps, disable Vertical Sync from options or from your video card settings.
I explain this alot and it almost always is the culprit.
You should then get higher frame rates.

Basically what it does is only releases frames when the monitor refreshes, which can give games a smoother result though with cards that can be faster, its a bit worrying.

Hope this helps :)

yea, that could be the problem except i think i already fixed it because he's been gone for liek an hour or 2 now

lol. i guess that'll slow it down. when my norton anti-virus kicks in on friday nights my whole CSS game starts lagging like crazy and i have to turn off norton

hehe kewl, glad its working now. That 60fps thing confused me a bit :p
I'm glad Money_Man lead you to the reason

Back
Top Bottom