Installing winxp help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FullMetal

Baseband Member
Problem with xp? or hd?

hey guys, I jsut bought a 200gig HD seagate it sbran new, and when I try to install WindowsXP Home Edition or windows98.. it says " Disk boot failure, put in system disk and press enter " something on though lines i was wondering if anyone could help me out?
Ty very much

Is the Windows pirated or the retail version? Also, make sure you have your cd rom to boot first and not your hdd or floppy.

I would recomend, if you have another hdd in there, take it out. just use the one. And do the steps as winter said. make sure in your bios that CD is up for Boot first. then A:

it is pirated, and i am only usen 1, and its boot from cd .. :Sbut I used a windows98 SE and it wasnt pirated it was real same thing though :S

go ahead and hit the Edit button when you make a mistake, and this is a very touchy subject, this 200gb is brand new, so does your bios load up? can you hit f12 or delete to get into bios options, and look up the boot sequence? ill be back have to go work.

yo what did you do to get it working? was it are information? or you do something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom