Cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you must also realize that while it "relaxes" you by speeding up your heart rate like a ciarette does (or at least im pretty sure it speeds up your heart) your responses also slow and therefore deaths due to driving while high would become a major problem.

My friend's grandmother died at the age of 98 and was a heavy smoker. Therefor if I were to smoke my ass off like Denis Leary, by the age I the doctors say I will die, there will be a cure for cancer, if not I'll die at the age of what...? 70? Oh yes, great things happen to the elderly.

By the way Gian if you didn't get my previouse post, it was a joke showing that i'm an asshole.

Amorssang said:
That's not a realistic analogy, Giancarlo. And I think if 18 year olds could buy it in stores for less, then they wouldnt go to trashy dealers...its just common sense. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe druggies don't have common sense, I don't know. Look, give me an article showing the climb of drugs in Holland, I'll take a look and get back to you. I always heard it was the opposite, but I could be wrong.

This is false for several reasons. To drive down prices, would increase demand not decrease it. It is arbitrary to think so. People are driven by addiction and marijuana would become cheaper, therefore it must stay illegal to keep prices high.

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/19990...ins/holland-s-half-baked-drug-experiment.html

" The Netherlands' vaunted drug policies -- legalizing the public sale of cannabis products in the now-famous coffee shops and adopting a generally lenient attitude toward drug use -- have turned the country into the narcotics capital of western Europe. Dutch cops admit that Holland is to synthetic drugs what Colombia is to cocaine. Not only is Holland's increasingly potent marijuana not staying in the legal coffee shops, but its illegal export brings in far more money than that traditional Dutch export, tulips. Meanwhile, drug addiction has tripled. There are no easy answers to drugs, but naive Dutch legislators have made a hash of drug policy."

I don't want America to become like Holland. A "narcotics" capital of the world. That's what legalisation of drugs do to a country.

No I don't, I'm a 40 year old salary man with no wife.

American punks don't care about you, hollywood, wuchu gonna do?

Don't say that you can't understand
Don't say that you can't comprehend
Don't say that you don't understand
This is California Babylon my man.

Yeah well im 22 and out grew that phase in my life where it was the cool thing to do. Now i Drink maybe once a month if that, i used to drink like a fish, and you wouldnt even know. Before the Marine Corps, i found myself haveing a great time interacting with people while smokeing a ganja. It never hurt no one, maybe my driveing while high was a bit slower, but i still had judgement, but slow lol.I see nothing wrong with it, and my personal feelings are if you smoke it continue, its not the gateway drug its just a drug, all drugs are a gateway drug. When you where a kid you cant tell me you didnt sniff some glue, whoops you saying the next is smokeing pot, or sniffing a Perminent Marker? Come on some of the smartest, and most athletic people smoke, agian going back to the Different people different Results, and as for the 2 glass's of wine, THAT is A true STATEMENT. But it also works with Coffee, 2 a day or 3 you will have a better heart. If you smoke pot smoke more, it can be cheap just need to make it yourself. :) anyways, any comments of what you guys think, are all true statements, and probualy wont change the mind of a POT HEAD for the simple fact of the "WHY FACTOR" why not. As in Medical Purposes, they should just leagleize it and Sell it with a tax and get Everyone Some good ole tax. YUP YUP better schools from pot how does that sound, i dont know sounds like a wonderfull thing, and not all people are stupid, the stupid ones get caught. Most Pot head are the guys who are fixing your care, building your house, you never know........ its there, and a usefull drug. For a laugh or depression, everything pain you name it. It is a vercitile drug,

PS Sorry about the Spelling for god sakes im a Marine i was never taught how to spell.

"Come on some of the smartest, and most athletic people smoke"

Like who?

I know what a gateway drug is. A gateway drug like marijuana typically means you go onto like cocaine and other more dangerous drugs.

Marijuana should stay illegal. In fact I think Singapore has a great system of punishment against it. They are a very healthy country with some of the lowest drug usage in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom