getting a new video card

ok i wa looking at a website and it says PCI and PCI express, does it matter which one?

yes!! be careful PCI express is much longer than a PCI card. only get a card if it says PCI. they will be very cheap not nearly as much as a PCI-EX card. pci-ex is also way faster

Wheeler that sounds and looks like a fairly Decent card for you, i would take a good look EasternDigital has never steared me wrong.

so should i go with pci-ex because to me it seems like there is alot of room for a longer card,

i don't want to spend much more than $125-$150.
this is the website to the store that i'll probably buy one from www.memoryexpress.com, could you guys take alook and tell me which ones i should be looking at,

First off Wheeler if you wanted to get a PCI-EX you would need a Motherboard that could supprot it meaning you would have to buy anotherone. PCI-EX is not cheap, they are top of the line video cards, most of the time. You can only go with "PCI" and ill search, for one, but you can also the more money the more better, trial and error always will set you ahead from someone that just gets everything thrown at them, but for sure you are doing the right thing by asking. And BY no means am i saying dont ask, compare the cards you want see which one has more options, more res anything you want its cool. Just post we will tell you.

David, if im not mistaken he has PCI, cause he said they where white and in a row. PCI-E usualy on has one or two and are a different color most likely. And the only one i would go to is the 256mb Ram PCI video card.

Wheeler go to that site, click on the Video card section go to PCI section and go to the one that is 256mb ram, if your going to order from that site that would be the best bet, but i realy would buy from someone with more a reputation and always make sure when you purchase something it comes witha warrenty.

i'm mainly just buying from this site because there based in calgary and i can't order stuff off of the net, i'm probably buying there unless i can find a better one from a different store

Back
Top Bottom