radeon x800 pro performance

yeah cuz it is a pretty specific problem: it only breaks up if you're turning fast and looking at a dark object against the sky

Oh...is vertical sync set to on or off in the game options?
If its set to off, turn it to on. You might be getting too fast a frame rate anyway to bother turning off this setting. Try that and see if you dont get any break up :)

thats actually about the only thing I havn't tried i think, i'll see if it fixes it after i finish my halo level

Yeah, because that would cause breakup, as if it is breaking up into small lines if your video card is rendering so much faster than your monitor can handle (60hz, 70hz usually). Its worth a try :) and if you turn it on, your frame rate will drop to your montiors refresh level, though this would be fine for any game and give smooth playback, since you could be getting 100-200fps for example and it'd be too fast to see

lol i notice breakups all the time because disabled VSYNC on CSS and my LCD monitor is only capable of like 75hz. and im making over 90+ most of the time.

ok I think I got it about as good as it's gonna get, my 3dmark03 score is 3716, is that pretty good?

holy shit no!!!! that card should eb around 10k since its made to combat the 6800. somethings wrong....

yea and make sure nothign is open in the background. holy shit man that card is better than mine and im getting more than twice that score

Back
Top Bottom