shutdown problem

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok lately when i go to shut down it just doesnt. it sits there and doesnt even try to. after me mashing the ctrl-alt-del buttons about 15 zillion times it acts like its going to shut down but then only goes to where u onyl see the background and no icons or taskbar or anything and thats it, last night i had to just flip the switch on the psu. wtf is doing this. if i have to reformatte thats no big problem because for some reason DOOM 3 wont boot up anymore anyway. also my uncle told me that even after you reformatte theres still stuff left on the drive like hidden that you'd never notice but its there. he just reformatted my brother computer and found tons of stuff on it from the previous owner, even after my brother had reformatted it. so i wanna know how to get into this stuff too.

Yeah that is weird. Formatting would fix it for a bit, though it could come back again if something else is causing it, like something not shutting off.

As for formatting not deleting everything, this is true. It wipes the drive yeah, but only the part of the drive which tells it where everything is, so the drive has lost all the info and just wipes over it. But all of it is still retained. You can get programs thoguh that will go over the drive filling it with loads of 0's n 1's to mess up anything that was there.

well my uncle knows where you go, he deleted like 2gb of stuff sitting around that the guy thatcowned my brother had downloaded..some explicit to this forum. lol but i dont know if he'll tell me where

Yeah you'll find deleting the stuff in the recycle bin won't delete it either, it again just loses where it all is.
But is definetly recoverable with special programs

exactly..i think thats what the cops go into when they take your computer. which isnt good because theres been some stuff on this computer that my parents wouldnt be to happy about if they found out. lol i'll blame it on someone else.

hehe, if you get spybot search and destroy for Spyware. In settings heres this extra program called Shredder. If you place things in there, it completky errases them so many times (default is 5) to re-arrange the data to make it unreadable.
Don't know how good this is though, but worth a try :p

lol i'd have to be able to find that data wouldnt i? and so far everything that they wouldnt like has been deleted so now its hidden

Yeah :p for the moment...I wouldn't throw that hard drive out in the trash! Yeah but I thouht you said you did find the data...

lol no i said there's stuff on there hidden that my parents wouldnt like...:) but i dunno where it is though.

Back
Top Bottom