Inventors of TV and Telephone?

connchri

Daemon Poster
Just to make sure, who are the inventors of the TV and Telephone?

I have my opinion, but I thought I better check it here.

Use the poll, thanks

Oh, if you think it's others, can you give names. Thanks.

I know that guy invented the phone but I don't think thats the right one for the tv. Am I right?

I kno A.Bell made the telephone...not sure about the tv...

Hey a bit off subject but still in the inventing side of it... do you know who invented the toilet?
Thomas Crapper...well supposedly

http://www.theplumber.com/crapper.html

Myth: Thomas Crapper invented the toilet.

Fact: No one in the know about Thomas Crapper would ever make this statement. In his research, Grabowski has created a detailed history of Crapper's business life. The man holds nine patents, four for improvements to drains, three for water closets, one for manhole covers and the last for pipe joints. Every patent application for plumbing related products filed by Crapper made it through the process, and actual patents were granted.

The most famous product attributed to Thomas Crapper wasn't invented by him at all. The "Silent Valveless Water Waste Preventer" (No. 814) was a symphonic discharge system that allowed a toilet to flush effectively when the cistern was only half full. British Patent 4990 for 1898 was issued to a Mr. Albert Giblin for this product.

There are a couple of theories on how Thomas Crapper came to be associated with this device. First, is that Giblin worked for Crapper as an employee and authorized his use of the product. The second, and more likely scenario, says Grabowski, is that Crapper bought the patent rights from Giblin and marketed the device himself.

:D I just thought that was interesting history...

Back
Top Bottom