Clearing Computer

Thanx For The Replies And All Your Work.....the Computer Is A Presario 5000, Older Computer, The Operating System Was Windows 98, But After We Cleared It The First Time We Reinstalled Windows 2000.. So What You Are Talking About Will Basically Wipe Everything Off My Computer?
I Don't Fully Understand What You Are Talking About With The Bootdisk? But I Will Give It A Try.........thanx Again
If Anyone Has Any Other Ideas, Please Post........the Computer Is A Second Computer And Is Just Sitting There Locked Up, So I Am Willing To Try Anything......

A bootdisk allows DOS to boot drivers to run a simple program like to format your pc, those bootdiscs will let you do that if you put them on a floppy.

A format never completly gets rid of anything from your pc, it just loses where the data is so it doesn't affect you, so it is like wiping everything off, yes and so won't affect your new installation.
As soon as it loses where everything is from the table, it just starts wiping over the old data liek nothing was there.

Yeah but I did reply first with it in perfect english...shorter or not... :p he apologised so i'm okay with it

Thanx Again For Your Quick Replies...if The Computer Originally Used Windows 98, But Now Is Operating With Windows 2000, Which Bootdisc Should I Put On Floppy? 2000? Does It Matter?
I Will Try Downloading To Floppy Tomorrow Night, But Could Use More Help From There...........i Know, I Don't Know Much, Sorry........

Yeah it does matter I think. Each windows will boot using a different set of programs. If you are using Windows 2000 now then get the Windows 2000 bootdisc yeah.

Just simply follow my instructions after downloading it, print it out if neccessary. That will guide you to the finishing line :)

i might do that when i go home because i really wann reformatte. see what happened to me with i bought a 160gb hd and tehn i used it til like last month fine, i got it in september. then i reformatted just using the disk and i clicked delete partitions and then formatted where tehy used to be. but then now it says i have 127gb total space.

Back
Top Bottom