Windows 2000 Pro...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Ok I'm done with the bragging on the lucky find I made yesterday. Man you should have seen me at 7:00am today. Rode hard and put up wet from an all nighter with that thing.
Last night consisted of getting AdAware se and Spybot S&D along with NBGCleanr(reg cleaner). Then came putting on McAfee.
AdAware se got 232 hits on crap while Spybot S&D got 35 more. McAfee spotted 8 viruses and 2 dialers. Then I put the system in safe mode and did it all over again. AdAware got 13 more, Spybot S&D got 22 more and McAfee signaled all clear. The reg cleaner didn't see any more bad reg entries. This guy did not have a clue to all the havok he was wreaking on this poor machine. Any way I got in going to my satisfaction when a rather violent storm came thru and had to call it quits for a while. Now I'm back pounding on that keyboard learning about win 2000. Some is a hand down from win 98se and some is straight up NT.
My question is since I have loaded some extra programs on this system I need to stop them from loading at boot up. I tried the run> msconfig and it sit there and says what you talking about Willis? What is the command in win 2000 to access the startup and configuration menus?

Zoomtm...

The link worked just great. Downloaded it and you would not beleive what was loading up at boot.
Thank you very much...

My bro is the same.. he had like three dialers, a bunch of viruses, and hundreds items of spyware. It was unbelieveable. He uninstalled his virus shield, firewall and just about everything because it wouldn't work at a lan party. His computer picked up all sorts of viruses there.

Yeah...

This guy just didn't know any better unlike us. He used it to stay in touch with his wife in Madagasgar or however you spell that. He said he was comming back this September. Guess I'll need to have a little chat with him when he gets back. But I'm keeping the computer. LOL

Back
Top Bottom