catalyst problems

also iv'e found that if I try to boot up with the GMA 900 and the x800 installed it will not display anything on my screen, I have to wait for it to boot and then put the card in.

I'd expect the manufacturers cd though to be the same as the one you downloaded, wouldn't it? Just earlier versions of it...

Don't have info about yuour hardware... make sure it has something to do with the x800 and yuor windows. Does it have an option to select to carry on after that message appears?

ok so i'm working on the install new hardware thing, i can get a list of ati products to show up but it only shows RAGE cards.

this is really pissing me off, it tells me i need to turn off the computer and add the new hardware, then turn it back on, but when I do this, i get nothing on my screen

Hmm...

Yeah Setishock was right in saying Windows won't have drivers for your card.

before the message, doesn't it say it is saving tempory files to C:\support?

The only option i can think of is to get the manufacturers driver in that case :( This should automatically boot and hopefully find the card

yes i have the files but they don't seem to work, i think i'm gonna have to take it to the shop, do you think the card could be bad? the fan is running though...

No i doubt it'll be a bad card. It just deson't know its there to run it...and uses the default ones instead.

Yeah take it to the shop and see if you can get a driver cd for it...
Its a bit stupid they didn't give you one.

When I installed a graphics driver, it was for a 9700 class card and so windows did have drivers for it

thanks for all your help guys, one last thing: do you know why nothing is displayed on the screen when I try to boot with both cards installed? I was under the impression you could use multiple cards.

Back
Top Bottom