catalyst problems

j Rizzo

In Runtime
I just spent 250 bucks on an ati radeon x800 pro(pci-e). When I try to run catalyst I get this message:"setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. please make sure you have the required hardware or software." I am certain that it's installed properly. here's my system specs:
windows xp
intel 915gag mobo
intel p4 3.0 ghz
intel GMA 900
1.5 GB pc3200 DDR400 RAM

Yeah, I was trying to setup a card for my mate which had the same problem running cataylist drivers. It is there, but your using default windows drivers which it can't detect.

Go to Start, Contorl Panel.
Go into system, then select the Hardware tab, and go into Device Manager.

Find the Display adapters and double click on what it says it has. Whent he window loads up, go into the driver tab, and select update driver.

Select to install from a specific location and click next

It will now hopefully display a list of drivers that can be used. Select one with your card name and your operating system with the latest driver version if possible.

Now press next and install it. After it has installed restart the pc. After this has happened, you can try and update using the Catlyst Drivers again. At least it will know what the card is this time :)

Hope this helps

ok, i follow you up until install from a specific location, there is nothing listed for ATI, is it possible that this card is not compatible with the motherboard?

Opps I left a step out, I'm sorry. After clicking on Specific Location, select not to search, and to display a list. Try finding it there.

If you can't, after you tried to run the catalyst drivers, they would of placed the temporty files somewhere on the C drive under something like Support. You could try using the files in here to install it if you can't find a suitable one.
Go to 'Dont search, i'll select the driver to install' selection again and click on 'Have disc' on the next menu. Click on Browse and go to where it would have put the tempory files for the installation of the video card, and find a file that will work on your windows, and try installing that. Should be an *.inf file

Hope this helps

Xp...

x800 card is too new for xp to have in the built in driver library. You have to obtain a copy of a driver for that card.

Ah... well hopefully the bit about it uploading the files in C:\Support will help if it won't work using the installer...

I do think its using Default Windows drivers at the moment

Yeah...

But it's running in vga mode. Any card will do that if the drivers are not installed.
The xp update site might see the card and present a driver for it. But if on dialup it's gonna take a while to get down. Better in my book to go pester a repair shop for a copy of the drivers.

I just found a copy of the manufacturers cd on ebay, do you guys think that will solve my problem? oh and by the way kage I found the catalyst .inf files but when i try to use them it says they don't have info about my hardware, what do you make of that?

Back
Top Bottom