Torrents

Combat_Wombat

Daemon Poster
ay guys... just curious, what SIMPLE program would u guys who DL torrents recommend to use. ive tried bitcomet, seems simple enough

also... what do u use to play the torrents. i tried DLing a torrnet of something and it wouldnt open it.

You download the torrent file and once the download is complete use the MD5 to make sure that both the files you have downloaded and the ones hosted are the same.

Depending on the file type you could open it with freely available programs.---A good bit-torrent is ABC-it's based on BitTornado which is a good client in itself except ABC is more user friendly.

What site are you using just out of interest>?

theres a site involved???? damn! i just clicked on a lotta things on the left that supposedly u can DL stuff from (in bitcomet) and then something started... only problem was that it wouldnt play when it finnished. a file type error or something?

what sites would u recommend?

neway ill look into ABC though thanx!

oh and the md5 check... is that a simple operation built into ABC or will i need more S/Ware for that too?

It should be in the folder where the files are downloaded to. It checks that both files are the same and not corrupted.

I don't really use bit-torrent(only have it for linux distros) so that's why I asked-so I could go find some movies or anything else.

ahh ok cool. thanx for that.

well im thinking i need some films to watch so im going to get a torrent program and use that.

i guess u could just google 'torrent' or something to find sites?

BitTorrent itself, imo was the absolute pits. It was hellishly slow (I have 1Mbps broadband), and you couldn't even pause the download or minimise it to the system tray. This was the latest version, btw.

After discovering just how awful it was, I tried Shareaza's built in BitTorrent client, it's so much faster (even by Shareaza standards; it sure ain't the quickest) and finds more sources. And it can be paused, and minimised to the tray.

Try it instead.

hmmm, will look into them 2morrow... tired now... think sleep and bed are calling... mmm... sleep... yes its bed time for sure... specially after an all-nighter (12 straight hours of Halo2 with 6 other mates) that left me dead on my feet...

thanx for the help guys!

Back
Top Bottom