Why wont my computer turn on?!

philvia

Baseband Member
My old computer would turn on with just the psu hooked up to the motherboard. I have everything except video card and processor.

This is the mobo I have: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rl/index.htm

The little green light on the mobo comes on when I turn on the switch on the PSU.

Someone told me to make sure the pins for the front panel aren't upside down, how can you tell?

It's not the PSU or mobo cause i've replaced those twice.

Can someone tell me all the possible reasons for it not turning on?

to help you we need more info, what parts are connected when it will turn on and what parts are connected when you try and it doesnt work

try process of elimination if you can, thats how i usual find out why somthing went gay on me

This is kinda a stupid question, but is your monitor on? Sometimes the it's the simplest are the problem.

Check with your manual to see if you plugged the PWR and HDD lights wrong on the mobo. Sometimes it's really tricky and you might get it wrong.

philvia said:
Someone told me to make sure the pins for the front panel aren't upside down, how can you tell?
You cant get the power switch plug upside down, only the LED ones wont work upside down. This is because it is just a basic switch, it doesn't need to be a certain way, but the LED's (Light Emmiting Diode's) do because diodes only let electrcicity flow a certain way. Dont worry about getting the power one a certain way, just the LED ones.

check contrast settings on monitor. also does the hard drive light come on at all? if you have been playing in the bios check mother board manual/website for how to flash it. I have seen this problem a few times and it has been RAM failure

Back
Top Bottom