Best Graphics in a Game?

I wasn't really that much impressed from 3D Mark 05's graphics. Yeah it looked better using all those shaders, but other than that...hmm... it also makes more use of particle effects but I mean, the graphics aren't exactly any better...

The only part that impressed me in graphics terms was the demo with the spaceship fight at the start, and after the ship had landed, it went across viewing all the people lined up (that looked real) with that new contrast lifting effect (again a shader though)

I guess I was also impressed with the fairy one, though I could only view this at about 2ps (if that)
and when that monster jumped out of the water (about 12fps...)

On the fairy one I gwt about 1-8fps...only 8 towards the end. The first game test, the one with the fighting gets me approx 20, and the one with the air balloon stays at around 20 too except when the monster jumps up...

I might try downloding the new drivers. They say it speeds cards up an awful lot

EasternDigital said:
...DooM3 comes in with higher polygon counts

From what I hear, Doom 3 uses rather low polygon counts. Rather, it uses bump maping to make stuff look so good. Look at people's heads, they are quite blocky...

And what expansion are you talking about? ATM, I've only played the demo, so I might be missing out.

yeah, half life 2 is by far the best. most advanced game too. gravitiy applications, as well as friction... man... so realistic. even the combine, the bad guys, when the fall in a pit of water, they will come back to surface and float like in real life. i was like geez man... of course, my card isnt the best but it still plays smoothly. my friend, on the other hand, who is quite rich, has some stinkin sli mobo with 6800 ultras and his hl2 is freakin amaizng. he also has t1 so he always hosts lan parties... guess who always wins too... i hate being poor... well poorer than him...

The_Other_One said:
From what I hear, Doom 3 uses rather low polygon counts. Rather, it uses bump maping to make stuff look so good. Look at people's heads, they are quite blocky...

And what expansion are you talking about? ATM, I've only played the demo, so I might be missing out.

I don't think DooM3's models are low polygon count at all. Though the people's head's are pretty oddly shaped though :D Thats probably the only thing that isn't too good about the appearance of the game.

The expansion is called Ressurection of Evil, it has been out for a while. It's really friggin' awesome. You are definitely missing out lol.

Doom 3 is the most demanding game out there. There selling the engine which runs it so people can build new games with it...

Back
Top Bottom