Burning probs

Thanks for all your replies. I'm still trying to sort the booger out. I'll prob get there in the end. I tried disabling my firewall and virusscan but that made no no difference either.
cheers
Andrew

I'm sorry I couldn't help further.

There must be a better alternate way, or make the Nero InCd take overt he windows one. Is there a way for example to disable the Windows copying feature completly? So that it will be able to properly replace it?

I'll have to look into it

Thanks Kage mate, people like you make the world go round (compliment), cheers mate.
Got a new prob now though, all down to bloomin updates I think which are a pain sometimes.
The new prob has only just started since I have been updating but I don't want to uninstall all the updates to fix the problem, which is, I can't get any of my drives to read any data from any disks. They read audio files but no data files, as in loading a game or reading whats on the disk in my computer. Has anyone experienced this???

Hmm that is weird... especially if it'll read audio discs and yet is a form of data :s

Do you mean Windows Updates? Service Pack 2 for example? They do say that some drivers might have a problem with it and it looks like this is the case.

Go into the Control Panel, and go to System. Then go to the Hardware tab, and go to the Device Manager.
Find the drive and try and update the driver. Let windows try and find one for example on Windows Update. If this doesn't work or can't find any, try uninstalling the cd driver, and restarting the PC.
It should then find it again and re-install which might sort it out...

Found out a bit more on the inbuilt copying of XP for you:

'So the Windows XP inbuilt software is really a system most suitable for preparing straightforward data CDs on CD-R. It is not one which allows a CD-RW to be used as a backing store on which individual files can be updated'

So this could be one of your problems causes with using CD-RW's as a storing method.

As to disable it I can't find anything, though I know how to stop the drive being recordable using the Windows copier, though this would probably stop InCd running too since it uses it the same way...

Someone said to disable the windows recording utility you went into Start,Run, type "msconfig", then hit the services tab and unclick "IMAPI CD Burning COM Service". This should stop the MS burning program. I tried that but still had no luck.

As for the drives, I don't know whats happened there I have tried allsorts. Sometimes with the drives (because this has happened before) I have had to open the drives properties and then click hardware then volumes then populate and then return to the drive letter before the drive would recognise the disk. This doesn't happen now all I get is D:\ is not accessible Incorrect Function
Anymore comments?
Andrew

UPDATE

I used the xp sys restore to restore the settings to an earlier time and I got back access to the drives (all three)

I also managed to get the InCD working as I wanted it to. InCD used to work exactly as I want when I first got a CD RW drive. So I uninstalled the latest version of IncD and installed an old version, this has for now, even temporarily fixed my prob. I'm going to email Nero and see what they have to say about it.
Again thanks for the replies
Andrew

Kewl :D

Yeah like i've said before, System Restore does seem to fix alot of problems and is always worth trying...

As for that, that is a bit weird, but at least its working :)

Back
Top Bottom