AMD and Intel

ownage said:
well...Halo is considered light-medium gaming. I play Far Cry, CSS, HL2 and especially Far cry it demands a lot of gpu power. and p4=pentium 4
alrite, about pentium 4... what about xeon? Alienware offers a Xeon processor for the top gaming computer, the ALX.

Starr said:
I play Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations with a p4 1.8 ghz and intel integrated graphics. I play them at full graphics. You don't have to worry much about those.
yeah, rts's don't really require that much of a computer to play on

xeons are mostly used for servers and workstations. They are not that great for gaming.

ownage said:
xeons are mostly used for servers and workstations. They are not that great for gaming.
I'm not trying to be ranty, but then why would Alienware integrate Xeon into their best GAMING computer?

Because Alienware wants to make a profit. So they use a processor used mainly in servers to make people think that it will own because it is used in servers. It's a marketing scheme. I think.....

I don't think it would receive the top award in the Desktop Deathmatch, then.

and i dont get how they use a xeon in there pcs. Nforce4 Intel Edition isnt even out yet. How do they do this?

I am watching this VERY closely. I hope everyone understands how to respect each others opinions.

Back
Top Bottom