NEC ND-3520A Problems?

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
I just recently bought a NEC ND-3520A DVD/CD Burner, and it was going pretty decent until, well, just yesterday. When I was tried to burn a couple of DVD's, it started to eat up my memory, which pretty much froze up the screen. Moreover, the speeds dropped from 4x (which was my only option) to less than 1x. I'm using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Basic Edition and TDK DVD+R discs. But the thing is, two days ago, when I first recieved my DVD Burner, it was working just fine at 4x and it wasn't hogging all my memory. So what could be the problem? Should I like give my copmuter a rest for a day or so, because it's been on for a couple of weeks.

On the other hand, another problem I've encountered is that the ND-3520A is supposed to be capable of 16x speeds for DVD+R, and my DVD+R's are 8x, but I can only achieve 4x whenever I try to burn anything. Is there some kind of firmware upgrade for it?

Thanks.

There are tons of formats out there and some can't go up to 16x. I have that same burner and so far I've gotten 8x out of it, but I've yet to get any 16x disks. I do beleive there'll be some firmware out soon enough for various reasons, so it might be worth checking out.

As for you're main problems, I feel it's either a conflict or driver problem. Maybe the drive is working in some PIO mode rather than ATA33 as it's suppose to. I had similar problems with one of my other compters. It had an older RW in it and would basically lock up when it got data. Burning speeds were dropped to around 8x(and it was a 24x) I think the problem was with the IDE drivers, but I never bothered working on it. GOt another comp now to do it's job :p

I fixed everything. :) I just updated the firmware from 1.04 to 1.25 and all was well; the initial burning problem where my memory was getting eaten has also disappeared. Bless those people who invented firmware. ;)

Back
Top Bottom