ATI X700 Pro, 256MB Problems.

I play wherever there are people. If you wanna give me an IP I'll play with you.

I have no idea on the DDR-1 or -2. This is NOT a PCI Express, they make 2 versions.

I'm Just wondering seeing how my old 128 N-Vidia got almost 60 FPS, why doesn't this one get more than that, seeing as how it's 256 MB.

Should I just go ahead and get another 128 MB grapichs card and save 100$, or is it worth the extra money?

Also, what are DNA drivers?

DelTASteveB said:
I play wherever there are people. If you wanna give me an IP I'll play with you.

I have no idea on the DDR-1 or -2. This is NOT a PCI Express, they make 2 versions.

I'm Just wondering seeing how my old 128 N-Vidia got almost 60 FPS, why doesn't this one get more than that, seeing as how it's 256 MB.

Should I just go ahead and get another 128 MB grapichs card and save 100$, or is it worth the extra money?

Also, what are DNA drivers?

Well, I would get the 6600GT AGP card, and also, Pentium 4's are not very good for gaming, so that is holding you back there as well. But, the x700 is a crappy card to be honest. ATi has EXCELLENT high end cards, but their middle end cards are TERRIBLE! The x300, x600, and x700 series are HORRIBLE. Sorry man, I am not making fun of you or your card, but this is the sad truth, it is ATi's downfall.

DNA Drivers are better then the Catalyst drivers. Here you go!
DNA Drivers for ATi

DelTASteveB said:

ok here they are:

67.18.180.60:27015

66.208.103.180:27015

66.208.104.171:27015

i play in all those...mainly dynasty and HD not playing in fish tanksoo much but i still do

Actually Catalyst drivers are pretty nice, but they're resource hogs...DNA drivers are nice too. I dunno about Omega drivers though...

Alright, it was a driver problem. I am now getting 100-150 FPS on CS:S. UNBELIVABLE!!! It looks sooo beautiful. After seeing my friends Nvidia vs my ATI, I would buy an ATI, it saved me 70$.

DelTASteveB said:
Alright, it was a driver problem. I am now getting 100-150 FPS on CS:S. UNBELIVABLE!!! It looks sooo beautiful. After seeing my friends Nvidia vs my ATI, I would buy an ATI, it saved me 70$.

Glad you fixed it, but what nVidia card do your friends have? I mean, in CSS you will have a slight advantage being that it was built for ATi, but in DooM3, they will provided they have equivalent models. BTW, AGAIN, GJ on getting new Drivers. Which did u choose? DNA or Catalyst or Omega?

I used Catalyst just to get it running. I'm just getting into computers, so I have little knowledge. I would like to thank you all for the input, and I will definetly be back for more questions and disscussion.

EDIT: Checked it for Doom 3, still getting almost 150 FPS out of her. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Brings a tear to my eye...

Also, hope to see you sometime on CS:S, I'll drop by those IP's when I get on next. My name is [Zeppelin] Black Dog

DelTASteveB said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! my 6600gt is supposed to be better than his and he is getting more fps in doom3 and CSS, how is this happening. also delta run 3dmark03 and 3dmark05

Back
Top Bottom