Drawing Program

Goldfinger

Solid State Member
I need a good drawing program so I can design logos ect on my computer. It doesn't have to be sophisticated like a CAD program-after all I'm only interested in simple designs- then sending via E-mail. It would help if it were cheap or even free.

Thanks

Goldfinger

I used to have this on my old system but since I got my new Dell computer- I can no longer do it. (Unless it's buried someplace where I haven't looked or can't find)

MS Paint! - LOL, only kidding. Try getting a demo of Paint Shop Pro, or Photoshop. If your wanting a free version, theres the Gimp. Originally only on Linux, the Gimp has been ported onto Windows. A bit awkard to use at 1st, but does everything I need it to do and best of all, absolutly free!

Yeah, double posting.... eh... its only for when A TOTALLY NEW POINT IS BEING MADE like 15 mins later... EDIT OTHERWISE. :D

Anyways, I recommend PaintShop Pro 8 or 9 here, however, PhotoShop CS also does the job as well (actually better) then PaintShop. It comes down to price versus power YOU need.

OK OK- I thought it was MS paint. I'm a newbie so I wouldn't know . Anyway - Thanks all for the help!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

The old one you might have had might have been Microsoft Paint. This could be isntalled again if you put the windows disc in, went to the Control Panel, adn went to Add/remove programs. Then select Add/Remove Windows Programs. Select Accesories and Utilities which will Install Paint along with other useful programs.

You would then find this in Start, then Programs, Accessories

This might not be the best program for making images but it's definetly a start for simple drawings. A Vector type program might be more use to you though if you wanted to create more complex images.

Gimp might be worth trying, thoguh I haven't tried it yet. Might actually :p

If you are into editing of pictures Photoshop is useful, but if you are just making images, Paintshop might be more your ticket. Macromedia flash is a great vector program which can make designs using the drawing tools though is used to make web based animations.

I'm sure there are some free alternatives though which will be very useful to you

Back
Top Bottom