Motherboard missing?

Phumfeinz

Baseband Member
Computer crashed on Monday, and I had to reset it. Now, when I look at the computer details, it is missing the motherboard (AMD Athlon something).

I have the disc for it, but when I try to install anything it freezes. This is obviously why I have numerous other problems, such as not being able to install modem drivers, why the sound is missing etc.

What the hell happened? How can I fix this?

, : Take your AMD CPU out and then put it back in, If it freezes it well may be the CPU.

If your going to ask how to take it out, well its easy, there should be two clips holding the HEATSINK on well unclip them two and then there should be a small (GREY or White) leaver, pull that the other way towards your power suppley, then lift the leave fully up, after doing this take the CPU out, and the place back in, keep the leaver up while installing the CPU, putting the clips back on is a pain in the arse sometimes but you should do it, good luk m8, hope this helps.

Won't Phumfeinz have to then place some new compound on the CPU? Or should the old stuff re-stick?

Without this cooling compound, the heatsink might not completly connect with the CPU you see.

Its some weird problems you are having though. What I don't get is that it is still booting up if the CPU is faulty.

One thing to try is to reset the bios on your motherboard to see if this makes it read it again, and will reset all bios settings back to how they were.

Either 1, take the circle battery out on the motherboard for a few hours to clear the memory of the chip

2, some motherboards have something called a CMOS memory header thats a jumper that sticks out, but doesn't neccessarily have to be right near the battery, *look for CMOS below it* and involves movnig the jumper to another position to reset it (on mine its usually on 3, and needs putting to 1), which clears the memory straight away, and then you need to place it back again.
Check your motherboard manual for instructions on this if you are not sure, and if it has it.

Then power up and try again

Back
Top Bottom