Problem with internet explorer

k0409964

In Runtime
hello could some one please help me!! When I click on a link in IE that opens in another window, when that window opens it is blank!! and nothing will load in it (how every long you wait), it then says at the bottom of the original page from where i click on the link, that the link has an error! (in the bottom left hand corner) I am running XP Home with SP 2 and have the lastest updates!

Hmm that is a weird error. It works if you open it in the same window though? I guess it does

One thing you could do which will improve your surfing considerably is to update and go for Mozilla Firefox instead.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

This is much better than Internet Explorer in many ways, for safety, speed, and browsing.
It also uses something called tab browsing which can be used instead of opening in new windows and opens from within the one program.

This is worthwhile in considering and is a free download. Try it out before leaving Internet Explorer behind... I'm sure you will :) Check the forum for people saying good things about it too

I would try and figure the problem out (it seems weird though) but this is a great way around it ;)

Thank-you for that quick reply, i will try firefox! we use it at my Uni!

as for the problem, when i click on that link you gave me for example, it opens a new window, and nothing will load in it!!! it is really frustrating, beucase if i want to download program and on the D/L page it says "your download will start in a minute etc etc" nothing happens!?!?!
i

Yeah, well trust me Firefox is a much better option for internet browsing.
I don't understand why that should be happening at all I'm afraid

Its not the website, becuase it happens on every website, that wants the link to open in a new window!

Back
Top Bottom