Post your 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, and 3DMark05 Scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just becuase they ahve those taacky gamer cases you can get elsewhere.

thier cooling sucks too they use worse then stock stuff.

EasternDigital said:
LMAO!! then why did you buy the ASUS board with NOS on it? LMAO!! It is MADE to OC! You should up your FSB man, it won't hurt anything!! BTW, you would know if your MOBO was second review by looking on the model number on the board, it should say 1.0.2

I bought the board b/c it was the only good one the store had and it was a great board. I am not against OC'ing it, i just dotn know how. :( You had this board before, if you wanna tell me exactly how to up my FSB or whatever, then i would try it. Definitely. Its always about speed!

The model number wouldnt appear on the box? I dont really wanna take my pc apart to open it up and look inside...again....i've doen it too often that its a hassle now.

d_source said:
I bought the board b/c it was the only good one the store had and it was a great board. I am not against OC'ing it, i just dotn know how. :( You had this board before, if you wanna tell me exactly how to up my FSB or whatever, then i would try it. Definitely. Its always about speed!

The model number wouldnt appear on the box? I dont really wanna take my pc apart to open it up and look inside...again....i've doen it too often that its a hassle now.

OCing that board is easy, its FSB can handle up to 2000MHz and with the 3500+ Winchester Core you have, it won't get very hot.

Ok, here is how you do it. First, go into your BIOS. Once there, go into the Advanced Settings area where you see CPU Frequency, FrontSide BUS frequencies, and CPU an AGP voltages. You should also see some options with %s and other numbers. Now, go to the option that says AI NOS. Turn it on. Then, turn it up to maximum setting (it will be the last setting on Automatic Overclock). Then start the PC and use the included ASUS Tweaker Utlity and OC from Windows VERY CAREFULY and slowly until you hit 2.6GHz. Easy! :D If you have more questions about that board, PM me or ask in here. Just get my attention somehow. HAVE FUN!!!

WOW that does sound easy. I will try that when i get home tonight (if i have a chance) or over the weekend.
2 questions b4 i get started:
1) I have a newcastle core, not winchester, will that cause any heat problems? Should i just not go all the way to 2.6? (what should my max cpu temp be)
2)Where do i find the ASUS Tweaker Utlity? Is it on the cd that comes with the mobo?

Thanks for ur help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom