Animusic!

Kage

Golden Master
I've known about this for a while and thought I should post on it, because people interested in 3D Animation will love this:

http://www.animusic.com

Basically they make the music and then make virtual instruments in 3D Studio Max. Using a special custom MIDI program they made, they can send any MIDI data through and the instruments will play it!

Its a great DVD too if you are interested. I have it! Animusic 2 is coming out soon too!! I can't wait :p

The best track has to be Pipe Dream where these metal balls are flung out of these pipes hitting drums and xylophone type instruments to make the music. So clever! Download videos if you don't believe how amazing it is. To find full ones taht stream, find them here:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmpeople/308136

You can watch the full things here...not all of them on the DVD though.

People with the ATI Radeon 9700 will have seen Pipe Dream if they installed the technology demos. it was made to render in real time for the card, though they are fully rendered on the DVD and look amazing! Going to the ATI Demos part of the home page will lead you to this download too, it'd work on all ATI cards past the 9700 :)

Hope you find this interesting! I know I did when i saw it running on my 9800 Pro... I looked for it and found Animusic! :D

cool, I use Gmax to do most of my 3d stuff (cant afford 3d studio max) , Gmax is the free version and training tool for 3d studio max. you cant really export your images as anything, but you can make your own Charachters and maps for the quake games :D.

Kewl, glad you like it :p

We use 3D Studio Max in college and I'm using it on my Final Major Project to model an MP3 player and animate it for a kind of tour like you see on websites.
I've never tried G-Max though i'd expect it to be the same with some cut off features yeah :)

Which one you like best? I like Pipe dream (Most creative), and I quite like the music to 'Stick Figures' and that kewl laser type synth. Then Harmonic Voltage is just a great track :D

hehe. Have you tried looking at some of the movies xx cobra xx? They impressed me so much when I first saw it. Its just so cleverly made and animated that those instruments seem rather possible... excepr for the floating drum sticks...

Back
Top Bottom