Formatting Bootdisk

y2kai

Beta member
Does anyone know how to create a Bootdisk that when it boots automatically it completely formats the entire harddrive so nothing is left, no data of any kind including no boot sectors. So the systems starts from scratch and i begin again. And can show me how to create one.

Conditions:

1) All i need to do is stick the disk in the computer and it does the rest without me so i walk away and don't touch the comp.

2) It needs to work on any machine so it is not specific to my machine. (A mate wants to destroy his step-fathers comp so he can use my disk)

I already have a disk that removes the master boot record but that is not extreme enough.

If you need anymore info just ask.

Yeah I'm sure there is a way of doing that.

First of all it'd boot the drivers needed, and then go to the dos prompt and wait usually.

You could I'm sure make it have standard commands ready to put in though automatically. I wouldnt know how to do it in dos, but I'm sure you can. It would then press y too to accept it.

Another way is somehow finding the program windows uses to format in the first place. You might be able to put this on the disc which would run the file to start it...

Just some thoughts. I'm sure it's possible :) I'll look into it

What I asked before is possible I know this because a friend of mine which has moved away (Don't know where he lives) has a disk like what I am asking about. And I have see it in action, stick it in the comp boot up and everything is gone. I tried copying it but it did not work (needed to copy it in Command Prompt).

Huh...

You're wanting to create a floppy for your buddy that will wipe the drive on his step dad's system. Ok here is the 64 thousand dollar question. Why?

EDIT:
Ok but I don't agree with bombing step dad's computer. It's not the way to help smooth things out. He needs to see a lawyer.

It is not for him!!! I may lend it to him but it is for formatting my home computer as i test different OS's and other settings for help with my studies and learning to use the comp in different configs (e.g. Partitions).

FYI: My friend his mother died of cancer. His step dad will not let him get any of his inheritence so there is a little anamosity between them 2. Also his step dad will not let him on the net. May sound meager but not if you are a Web Designer. He also dosent have any other famiy members and is only 19.

NOTE: This does not mean that other people's pain is not important

All of which is in nothing to do with the disk i want to use / create. It's for ME!!! a Admin in training.

18 which I am.

He is planning to see a lawyer but is having problems cause the will says one thing and his mother asked the step father to give the stuff to the kids. (Did this so the Birth Father wouldnt take it all) Thats why it is in his Step Fathers Name as the Executor of the Estate.

so what you are saying, you just wont to delete a computer with everything on it, ok, making a boot disk is easy, have you got XP on your computer or anything else (O'S) operating system), -, if you have and you wont to copy it to disk just download nero from download.com (copy paste in to URL) once you have downloaded it, install it, then put a disk in, make sure there is enough space, then open nero or it may open it for you, once doing this, look for something that says BURN IMAGE TO DISK or ISO or BOOTDISK, click on one of thos and then copy your windows folder which you stored Windows into, then write the files to CD or DVD.

If thats not your proplem then please read below.

2. If you have XP on disk just copy the disk using Nero found here www.download.com type nero in the search bar, download that and click copy disk.

3. If thats not it, and you wont to get Xp or any other windows then please download any of these

WWW.LIMEWIRE.COM (Download+Install then search for Windows ?)

WWW.MYBITTORRENT.COM (Before using this download BT which is Bit torrent and can be found on google) Once downloaded and installed just leave it then go to WWW.MYBITTORRENT.COM or WWW.TORRENTSPY.COM

If you want to clean your computer out do the following
download SPYWARE DOCTer, can be found on download.com once done that run it and then delete all the spam and stuff like that, it should say FIX CHEACKED click that, then DEFRAG your harddrive by going to START>PROGRAMS>ACCS>SYSTEM TOOLS>DISK DEFRAGMENT.

Sorry if i did not help i am to tired and my brain is to full.

Back
Top Bottom