Intel's 64-bit narrows the gap with Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
no its water cooled if im not mistaken. you do realize his family is rich as poo right? plus look at reviews the fatality mobo is known for going to 5ghz stable.

money_man said:
hard to believe? how is it hard to believe...tomshardware had one to 5.0ghz and it was @ -190 degrees.

Yeah, that was 5.0 project. They used Liquid-Nitrogen.

Excuse me, it uses HARD CORE CUSTOM LIQUID COOLING people.... There is a difference in that then standard liquid cooling. HMM... And besides, the FATALITY MOBO can handle ANYTHING you can throw at it! :D ABIT are geniuses. I will work on getting that screen shot for you guys, when I next get on my Mom's PC. :D

Eh... my mom is busy, so I loaded up this screeny taken from my friends with the same setup. :D His with Phase Change Cooling runs stable at 6GHz in Windows. Intel can OC like bitches. :D And yes, this was a test we did, his actually now runs at 5.3GHz stable... but still... 6GHz... EEK!

alvino said:
What about your links? Everytime I see you guys get into a AMD vs. Intel debate, all I see you say is that Intel sucks and AMD is better or that there is no gap and that AMD owns all (something like that). When others provide links you just shoot them down. But, I've never seen you post any benchmarks or links. If the Intel Pentum 4 6xx aren't really 64-bit, then show us the proof that isn't. BTW Intel is still capable. Their Xeon line is getting better than it was before (Although the new Dual-Core Opteron line PWNS it :D). Their only downside is that they can't concentrate on a few things to make them better. They try to concentrate on a bunch of projects and they and up screwing themselves up and it takes them forever to get something out in the market. Not to mention their poor marketing strategies like releasing a Dual-Core Pentium 4 for desktops when the market least needs it.

No links, no credibility. That simple. I posted plenty of links. No lies please.

EasternDigital said:
Excuse me? The new 6XX pentiums are better then the 5XX series!!! I don't know where you people get off saying they are not good, my Mom has a 660 Pentium4 and it is WONDERFUL! I use an AMD 3500+, so I have direct UNBIASED opinions on this unlike some of you! How dare you state things without using them!?!!?! Shame on some of you! Intel has made a Pentium that is very stable, runs very cool, and OCes like CRAZY!!! I don't now where you are getting your info, but the 6XX are perfectly fine for a P4. Go use one and compare to an AMD of similar caliber. They sure can OC a lot better then AMDs!!! My Moms is at 4.7GHz stable as a rock with the Abit FATALITY MOBO. The EM64 is FULL 64bit Giancarlo, you have no idea what you are talking about. As opposed to AMDs 64bit memory handler, Intel uses a command in the memory instruction sets to execute 64bit, it isn't as efficient, but it is "FULL" 64bit. What is your stupid defintion of 64bit anyways??!?!?! Go learn and compare before bashing Intel why don't you! As to their new DUAL CORE PENTIUM4 EE, it SUCKS compared to AMD since it has to use a logics controller. Now there is a legitament claim as to why Intel isn't doing so well.. The EE 840 is LAUGHABLE. However, the 6XX are cut throat, ruthless competitors on the single core market to AMD. They don't excel in gaming as much, but they make it up everywhere else.

Another huge post... of flames. You do not have unbiased opinions. Nobody really can. Intel has made a Pentium that runs really cool? Where exactly? They all run very hot. The AMD may not OC as good, but it performs a whole lot better (thus invalidating the more MHZ is better argument). Don't go insulting me. You got embarrassed in the Logitech/Klipsch thread, and I'll do it again. :) The 6xx isn't that ruthless. They aren't that good either. No matter how much Intel tries it can't take the hill where AMD has its flag up. It appears a smaller company has outdid a bigger company. Not to mention Intel just issued a profit warning recently. I would be very concerned if you were pro-Intel.

Giancarlo said:
No links, no credibility. That simple. I posted plenty of links. No lies please.

Well do you care to refresh my memory and show me those links? I haven't seen any. If you're saying that "No links, no credibility" I'm assuming that you have no credibility on this matter because I haven't seen any links from you. Don't get me wrong- I'm just saying that I haven't seen you post any links, and I'm asking for some backing up the fact that AMD completely beats out Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom