Logitech X530

Whatever, if any of you guys decide to do something stupid and a flame war starts, you can say goodbye to this thread and take 2-3 days off.

just stop this thread now alvin. its just gunna turn into a big flame war. after all giancarlo decided to bless this thread with his argumentitive presence

Giancarlo said:
The latest Klipsch 5.1 Ultras DO NOT HAVE DIGITAL AUDIO, PERIOD.

You again are missing the point. I made the point clear with the review and that Klipsch Ultra 5.1 is the latest set. It does not have digital audio. CNET is always on top of the latest speakers out there. Besides my subwoofer is 10" inches and is 188 watts, that's better. I've heard both and the Logitech Z-5500 wins out in quality big time. The individual satellites are also slightly better. The Klipsch Ultra 5.1 lacks digital audio ports.

You are also making the mistake with wording.. it is Logitech that sounds EXTREMELY GOOD, NOT VERY GOOD. Don't downgrade them. The Klipsch are the ones that sound good. But there system is underpowered compared to the Z-5500.

The subwoofer of Logitech is far better. It is built better and you cannot deny that. It produces better sound because it is more powerful that simple. It is a 10" subwoofer. Again the Klipsch 5.1 Ultras were made to compete against the Logitech Z-680, not the Z-5500. The Z-5500 afterall came out after the Klipsch 5.1 Ultras. Your defense of Klipsch is extremely weak (I provided sources by the way). It seems Logitech knows its stuff about speakers far more then Klipsch, even though it has built them in a less amount of time.

Mine is 505 watts.

Each satellite on my system is 62 watts, and the center satellite is 69 watts.

Again the Logitech Subwoofer, being built better then Klipsch one, wins out at 188 watts. And is 10" inches. Sorry Klipsch just can't stack up.

I provided a source that says otherwise. Besides the pro-media is the only brand Klipsch has out to compete with the Z-5500, and it flunks in just about every thing.

My Logitech just sound better and it has far more features then the Klipsch, so again nice try.

" Logitech's latest flagship offering, the Z-5500 5.1 Digital speaker set, is an updated version of the excellent Z-680, with new styling and a few performance upgrades. The Z-5500 Digital set ($399.95) includes four satellite speakers, a center-channel speaker, a mammoth subwoofer, a wireless remote control, and a swank control module with both analog and digital inputs, all of which amounts to a package that should keep Logitech at the top of its game.

The Z-5500 Digital's control module incorporates Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS, and DTS 96/24 processing, facilitating direct connection to DVD players and game consoles without using an A/V receiver. You may, however, require an adapter to add digital outputs to your game console."

(Source: CNET)

Funny how I am the only one providing sources around here.

Very good defense. I stick with Klipsch, and I am happy, so whatever floats your boat is fine by me. Your speakers might have an edge here, but mine sound fine to me, as long as they can keep bringing pictures off the wall with bass, I won't be upgrading, but when they don't, I will have a look at both Klipsch and Logitech. :D

dont you guys realize its not how man watts you have? a 500w sub sitting on a table is going to have way less bass than a 300w in a sealed box. plus 2w on the speakers isnt going to make that much of a difference. i think someone is just trying to find lil differences to point out, even if you wouldnt notice them

It very much matters. Also the quality is a very good indication. Since Logitech is vastly superior (when bringing up the Z-5500, which is a next generation speaker system it naturally is).

I'll say again:

Logitech Z-680 competes with Klipsch Pro-media Ultra 5.1.

Logitech Z-5500 is in its own class.

Upgrade from Klipsch to Logitech. You won't be sorry.

"lol for once he provides sources. although eastern said he doesnt want to argue anymore so respect his choice. he's not giving in or giving up, he just doesnt feel like arguing anymore"

I provide sources a lot.

Also Money, you are the one flaming me now. Accusing me of never providing sources. Look at yourself and slowly back out of this thread. Thanks. Additionally, you are attempting to spark a flame war.

Yeah, he was, but your attitude is what makes people go nuts. You're one hell of a debater, but you gotta remember that we all have feelings too.

I simply compiled an argument. It was clean cut. There was no attitude in the post. It was merely pointing out what the Z-5500 has, and what the Promedia Ultra does not.

Well the way you talk to others makes it sound like you have a annoyed tone. I don't know if its intentional or not, but it just don't like the way it sounds (if you get what I mean ;)).

Back
Top Bottom