Browser not working

Nimandir

Baseband Member
Okay, this just started around somewhere just before or after midnight. Firefox will not display any webpages and just says Timeout at the bottom right. Internet Explorer also will not display any websites. I've also tried pinging websites like msn, google, dogpile, etc. No pings I send out can get past my gateway.

I also noticed that my brother (who is having the same problem) is playing an online game right now and he is connected. Both my computer and my brother's is running Windows 98. The only working computer that I've tested so far is the computer I'm using now that is running Windows XP.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

maybe its a firewall issue. check to make sure none of the browsers are blocked. it could also be a connection issue. maybe the internet is bad. what do you have? dsl? dial up? cable? other than that... i dunno.

he said both dont work. read it all the way mate.
Nimandir said:
Okay, this just started around somewhere just before or after midnight. Firefox will not display any webpages and just says Timeout at the bottom right. Internet Explorer also will not display any websites.

I doubt it the firewall, but I'll check it anyway. My firewall was running while I was browsing before Firefox and Internet Explorer stopped working.

Reinstall Firefox and then try again, and also, check your connection settings and make sure it is on DIRECT CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET. If it is using a proxy, that proxy might not be working fully. Also check cookie settings etc.

Okay, an update on my situation. I can browse the internet on my computer now :D However, I had to set it to obtain an IP automatically. I am hoping to set it to where I can always have the same IP again 192.168.1.10. I have ports open just for that IP for programs like Shareaza and Azureus. Every time I go to to specify an IP and restart my computer, it stops working again.

Win98
Linksys router

Back
Top Bottom