AMD vs. Intel, Nvidia vs. ATI...

lol if only someone else was as smart and cool as easterndigital this forum would be amazing. you all know who

I woukd go with the AMD 64 3600+, and the nvidia 6600gt or higher.
AM?D runs faster and takes less to overheat. nvidia clockspeeds are much faster and run smoother. make sure you have a good psu for this. personally i have the 9800pro. i feel more reliable

yeah, but its not just that, i feel ati runs more consistant and idk but i think it lasts longer.

yea, i still like my old 9800 pro. seemed made of better stuff and heavier which i figure means betterly made.(betterly isnt a word) although nVidia's cards are still very very nice

bIND777 said:
I woukd go with the AMD 64 3600+, and the nvidia 6600gt or higher.
AM?D runs faster and takes less to overheat. nvidia clockspeeds are much faster and run smoother. make sure you have a good psu for this. personally i have the 9800pro. i feel more reliable

This is untrue, ATi's clock speeds are higher, and they run incredibly smooth, but they are WAY TO EXPENSIVE and they don't offer their dual graphics solution yet like nVidia has. SLi is wonderful this late in its lifecycle. It is smooth, and runs beautifully once it has broken in.

Meh, the 9800's architecture wasn't bad for it's time, but the card's design couldn't live up to it's performance. The heatsink for the VPU (ATI calls it a VPU while nVIDIA calls it a GPU) is puny and the fan is useless. The RAM chips run hot because they decided that the puny aluminum heatsink would only cover the VPU. but not the RAM chips. Other than that, the 9800 Pro was a very good card back then.

Back
Top Bottom