Your Favourite MP3 Players!........

connchri

Daemon Poster
Yo, just wondering what everyones favourite MP3 player is (HDD only).

I got a Creative Zen Micro, small and 5GB storage. Native support by Windows Media Player, and I love it.

Poll, and reasons people.

[Rio Carma is ment to be Rio Karma]

I have a I-Audio M3L 20gb 35hour battery life.

I decided to get it mostly for the battery life. It also supports MP3, WMA, OGG, Wav, Uncompressed audio

You can only control the main parts of the player thugh using the remote which has a screen on it (no screen on the main unit)

Minus sides:

The remote headphone jack is not working right now.
It is a bit bulky beause of the bigger battery.
After plugging it into USB, it takes about 30 seconds to boot up.
They might not release any more firmware for it...

I'd prefer probably the new Sony NW-HD5... you should see how kewl it is, or an I-river but I think they are so,so. I haven't seen a perfect MP3 player yet!

Yeah thats a good player.
It has good sound features, can store up to 60GB.
The only thing that got me about it was the size compared to new ones, but it isn't really that heavy and so you could live with it if there was a strapping device to put it on your belt or something.

Steven11 said:
I like the ipod mini, The design is well cool compared to all the rest they come in 6gb and 4gb.

iPods are the best, i want to get a Mini iPod they sound well good. Have you had any problems with the iPod on Windows?

...Ipod sounds good?... Sorry I must have mis-read that... :p It is true though that other players have better noise to sound Ratio now, and have better support.

I think when it comes to compatability and features, the best thing to a Ipod Mini would be a Creative Zen Micro. New one is 6GB too, and has many more things included than previous Zen's :p

IPod by the way should be fully compatable with Windows now to say it on the box

Yip, I agree. I don't like Itunes, and when you install it, it also installs quicktime in the background. Wouldn't bother me, except that once you stop it from auto running on bootup, it decideds to reinable itself. Also, I have about 5 PC littered all over the place, My Aunts, Halls of residence and at Home and I always like adding more music which the Ipod makes difficult to do from more than one PC.

My Girlfriend has an IPod Mini. I think it looks cool and I like the Anodised Aliminuim body - But since getting it at Christmas, her bettery life has dropped about 33%. The Zen Micro has a case like the older Ipods, plastic white (mine is white) and looks as though it would compliment an Apple Computer nicely. But I decided to go the Zen Micro route because it was cheaper at the time and the Ipod mini came with the only option of 4GB. It's not suffered from the same battery problem as her Ipod. Still, I reckon it could take more abuse.

I suppose I'm a bit Biased toward Apple. If they made the Ipod fully compatible with Windows Media Player (my fav media player, and probably the most popular) then no problem. That was probably the pivoit point in my decsion to go Zen.

If Apple were to make the Ipod WMP compatible, I would probably now by a 6GB one with the Extended battery thing. But that ain't going to happen.

Yeah the Apples battery lifes have not been exactly great.

Whats kewl about the Zen Micro too is that it has a removable battery! SO it is easily replaced if the battery did die out :p Apple needs something like that.
I'd always go for Creative anyway for audio players, they have been the leaders in sound and so the sonud quality is excellent. Apple, no offence but they are more stylists than functionality people, which is why they take the time to make it look perfect. They have done there research but more could be done

Back
Top Bottom