Logitech X530

alvino said:
Why are guys bickering over a bunch of speakers?! Be glad you even have em'! Sheesh...

My Logitech Z-5500 is like my gold ring. I take it very seriously. :D It is a status symbol for a poor student like me.

You have to admit that Gian makes a pretty strong point backing up his Z-5500. I read what he post comparing the Klipsch to the Z-5500 and made me a believer that the Z-5500 is better. Now who's going to make a defending statement regarding the Klipsch product?

No one I guess...but the Z-5500 is pretty nice looking when in a complete set :D

TRDCorolla said:
You have to admit that Gian makes a pretty strong point backing up his Z-5500. I read what he post comparing the Klipsch to the Z-5500 and made me a believer that the Z-5500 is better. Now who's going to make a defending statement regarding the Klipsch product?

Well, I can make a claim to their power. And I don't know what Kilpsch Ultra 5.1s you had in that review, but the 2004 version has digital audio, is THX2 approved, and has dual 8" subwoofer that is 170watts. As far as audio quality goes, they are EXTREMELY GOOD. It isn't fair going off comparison alone. I have to say, that I have seen and heard the Logitech 5500s, and they are VERY GOOD. I would say they are equal to my Klipsch. HOWEVER, like I said before, Klipsch has been around for MANY MANY MANY years working on SPEAKERS, not mice and keyboards and game controllers as well like our friend Logitech. The wooden contruction of the logitech subwoofer core enables a deep rich sound that pleases the ears. The composite core of the Logitech's just doesn't do that in MY opinion. I can argue with you all day about this, but I prefer not to. :D So to end this, this is my defense to the Klipsch name.

SpecificationsModel
Brand Klipsch
Series PROMEDIA
Model ULTRA 5.1
General SPEC
Configuration 5.1
Total Power 470 watts
Satellite RMS Power /ea 60W
Subwoofer RMS Power 170W
Frequency Response 25Hz - 20,000Hz +/- 5dB
Remote Wired
Features
Features 90° x 40° Microtractrix Horn, Center channel has rear post angle adjustment for optimum positioning, SWS link for easy connection to ProMedia add-on subwoofer

Features Galore, and my Klipsch have a digital imput, so maybe they are not the ProMedia, they might be a similar model. I will double check on that. :D

EasternDigital said:
Well, I can make a claim to their power. And I don't know what Kilpsch Ultra 5.1s you had in that review, but the 2004 version has digital audio, is THX2 approved, and has dual 8" subwoofer that is 170watts. As far as audio quality goes, they are EXTREMELY GOOD. It isn't fair going off comparison alone. I have to say, that I have seen and heard the Logitech 5500s, and they are VERY GOOD.

The latest Klipsch 5.1 Ultras DO NOT HAVE DIGITAL AUDIO, PERIOD.

You again are missing the point. I made the point clear with the review and that Klipsch Ultra 5.1 is the latest set. It does not have digital audio. CNET is always on top of the latest speakers out there. Besides my subwoofer is 10" inches and is 188 watts, that's better. I've heard both and the Logitech Z-5500 wins out in quality big time. The individual satellites are also slightly better. The Klipsch Ultra 5.1 lacks digital audio ports.

You are also making the mistake with wording.. it is Logitech that sounds EXTREMELY GOOD, NOT VERY GOOD. Don't downgrade them. The Klipsch are the ones that sound good. But there system is underpowered compared to the Z-5500.

I would say they are equal to my Klipsch. HOWEVER, like I said before, Klipsch has been around for MANY MANY MANY years working on SPEAKERS, not mice and keyboards and game controllers as well like our friend Logitech. The wooden contruction of the logitech subwoofer core enables a deep rich sound that pleases the ears. The composite core of the Logitech's just doesn't do that in MY opinion. I can argue with you all day about this, but I prefer not to. :D So to end this, this is my defense to the Klipsch name.

The subwoofer of Logitech is far better. It is built better and you cannot deny that. It produces better sound because it is more powerful that simple. It is a 10" subwoofer. Again the Klipsch 5.1 Ultras were made to compete against the Logitech Z-680, not the Z-5500. The Z-5500 afterall came out after the Klipsch 5.1 Ultras. Your defense of Klipsch is extremely weak (I provided sources by the way). It seems Logitech knows its stuff about speakers far more then Klipsch, even though it has built them in a less amount of time.

Total Power 470 watts

Mine is 505 watts.

Satellite RMS Power /ea 60W

Each satellite on my system is 62 watts, and the center satellite is 69 watts.

Subwoofer RMS Power 170W

Again the Logitech Subwoofer, being built better then Klipsch one, wins out at 188 watts. And is 10" inches. Sorry Klipsch just can't stack up.

Features Galore, and my Klipsch have a digital imput, so maybe they are not the ProMedia, they might be a similar model. I will double check on that. :D

I provided a source that says otherwise. Besides the pro-media is the only brand Klipsch has out to compete with the Z-5500, and it flunks in just about every thing.

My Logitech just sound better and it has far more features then the Klipsch, so again nice try.

" Logitech's latest flagship offering, the Z-5500 5.1 Digital speaker set, is an updated version of the excellent Z-680, with new styling and a few performance upgrades. The Z-5500 Digital set ($399.95) includes four satellite speakers, a center-channel speaker, a mammoth subwoofer, a wireless remote control, and a swank control module with both analog and digital inputs, all of which amounts to a package that should keep Logitech at the top of its game.

The Z-5500 Digital's control module incorporates Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS, and DTS 96/24 processing, facilitating direct connection to DVD players and game consoles without using an A/V receiver. You may, however, require an adapter to add digital outputs to your game console."

(Source: CNET)

Funny how I am the only one providing sources around here.

lol for once he provides sources. although eastern said he doesnt want to argue anymore so respect his choice. he's not giving in or giving up, he just doesnt feel like arguing anymore

Back
Top Bottom