amd xp 2200+

Just a question, How can you say that a Thorton Core ran so much hotter than a Barton core when they were really the exact same core. The only difference was the ammount of L2 Cache. You could even re-enable the "Missing" cache on some Thorton cores. You sure you are not refering to the Throughbred A?

connchri said:
Just a question, How can you say that a Thorton Core ran so much hotter than a Barton core when they were really the exact same core. The only difference was the ammount of L2 Cache. You could even re-enable the "Missing" cache on some Thorton cores. You sure you are not refering to the Throughbred A?

I am positive. The reason they ran hotter is because of that cache. The interconnect to that cache was slightly changed, and so it raised the core temps by 5 celcius, already adding to the Barton's interesting temps... Winchester all the way BIATCHES!!!

Actually, I am really looking toward the 8 way, dual core Egypt, the newer Opteron on the market. THose will scream!

As of that desktop pic...wow!!!... :eek:

We never said it couldn't multitask. I said it can't multitask as efficently as a Pentium can. I'm sure with all those programs running, all doing something, you could work on one of the programs smoothly. Its all fine and dandy just having them open, thats the memories job, not the processors :p

Back
Top Bottom