Pop up problem

antzsta

Baseband Member
I get laods of pop up in a grey box with loads of wirting sayin warning and they like messenger service at the top. And i dont no how to get rid of them cause i always get them i run ad awear and sypwear checkers but still get them has anyone had this and know how to get rid of it ????

Its a program called Messenger, used for advertising purposes mainly, but can hold links to bad pages with spyware. Anyone using the net can send them to any PC with it enabled.
Its not spyware though don't worry, and this can easily be turned off. It is also nothing to do with MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger and wont damage them:

1. Go to Start, Control Panel,
2. Click on Performance and Maintenence (if you dont have it on classic view) or Administrative Tools (if you do have it on classic view)

3. Double click Services
4. Then double click on the Messenger icon
5. In the General tab go to where it says 'Startup Type', and you can now select 'Disable'.
6. Then click Stop to stop the service, and press okay

This will now stop you getting those annoying messages :)

Hope this helps

Have you tried disabling the messenger service? There should be a plugin or something for adaware to do this, or you could do it manually. I'm at school, so I can't really check, but I beleive it's computer management(right click my Computer, Manage) then Services, and search around for Messenger... Just disable that service. While there, you could probably search around for others to disable. There are guides online for these

No probs antzsta :D

As for you The_Other_One...hehe... you'll have to be a bit quicker :p

Back
Top Bottom