Spyware!!! Arrrrgggg

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I keep getting a serch bar at the bottom of my desktop everytime I log on. Its killing me. I have tried ad-aware,spybot and microsoft antispyware. I cannot reformat the hard drive. Any ideas how I can rid of it??

Internet explorer keeps getting hijacked to. I dont use it so im not to bothered...

Yeah those ones can be a bit of a pain. Maybe it'd have more of a success deleting the spyware in Safemode as they wouldn't be running to stop complete un-installation?

What bar does it say it is. Does Spybot recognise it and tells you? If so, it is possible to find a link on the rules of deleting it another way by going deep into the system

Hope this helps

Again, I direct to my thread. In this forum there is a thread called "Starr's Computer Repair Shop" It has a nice fat tutorial on removing spyware.

what antiorus ect software do you run? and also it should work better to detect the files and delete them in safe mode. Also what do you actually mean when you say that you cannot reformat your harddrive?

Hope this helps

Steven

Hehe, I'm sure thats spyware, though I ask you this question.... Would you want to reformat? I think thats what 99Nasha means. I wouldn't want to have to back up just to reformat my pc to get rid of one piece of stupid spyware blocking it up... that'd be pretty mad

ok well sorry but in a case once i solved it was the only option. Anyway i suppose that it was a bit stupid

Yeah in some circumstances your right Steven11.
I would assume all Spyware can be deleted somehow? If a computer was covered in spyware, and I would then consider reformating.

Ive only got these two bits. So if I do a scan in safe mode it will get rid of them?

it might help yeah. It might not be deleting them right because they could still be running in the background. They won't be while running in Safemode

Back
Top Bottom