"Forced" to have SP2??

Re: Don't connect to the internet????

Steven11 said:
Just dont connect to the internet then they cannot make you install SP2.
That's still giving into them, what's the use of a computer without going on the 'net, where would CS be,.....oh, I seeeee, you were kidding right?, ha ha, as I've said, I just turned off automatic updates, be it on my own head, if I get a load of nasties,I haven't yet.

Maurice

Or if you have a firewall dont let update be able to access the internet in my previous thread i was joking!!

MS must have something else planned. If not they won't be so confident of installing SP2 on every XP PC.

Yes,I agree, but WHAT?, I've racked my brains, & I can't for the life of me see how! :confused:

Maurice
surprised.gif

They fixed SP2. It used to have a lot of problems. If you install all of the major updates you will fine. Why are you so stubborn about it.

Re:

Starr said:
They fixed SP2. It used to have a lot of problems. If you install all of the major updates you will fine. Why are you so stubborn about it.
Because, Starr, I've had comments from two sites now, plus friends, & the concensus has been roughly 70/30% against installing SP2.
One friend, in his 40's, with twenty years computer experience, sussed out SP2 very carefully before he finally decided to instal, it made such a mess of his system, that he couldn't sort it himself, & had to ask for help from an experienced expert who ran a business employing half a dozen staff, all well briefed in computer problems.
The upshot of it all was that the hard drive had to be wiped, of course he lost everything, three years build-up destroyed in minutes.
I know that his was probably an extreme case, but now you all know why I am so against it :mad:

Maurice

Thats wierd. I didn't have any problems with the computers I installed it on and none of friends have had problems. There must be some spyware that gets triggered with the installing of SP2 or some programs that aren't campatable. Microsoft should investigate this thoroughly.

Re:

Starr said:
Thats wierd. I didn't have any problems with the computers I installed it on and none of friends have had problems. There must be some spyware that gets triggered with the installing of SP2 or some programs that aren't campatable. Microsoft should investigate this thoroughly.
I agree, it is weird! :confused: & they should investigate.
Hey,......I'm agreeing with you, only joking, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. good on ya!

Maurice :)

Back
Top Bottom