Will more RAM give me more FPS?

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
Right now get about 18 FPS on CS:S, if add Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory ( 2 x 512MB ) will it bring it up enough to play without a lag on low settings?

Not much. You'll get slightly higher FPS, but your video card isn't helping you much at all, I would upgrade that before anything.

RAM i'm pretty sure dosen't do much for FPS. It's all got to do with ur graphics card. Are you overclocking?

Yeah, as soon as you get that new Geforce 6800 Ultra, you'll be steaming through that game like no tommorow, trust me. That motherboard graphics chip in my eyes as actually done quite well though to get you 18fps... even at low settings

Yes, RAM won't do anything. It will help with the loading time thats about it. 18 fps with an onboard chip..... your lucky..... I get 3 fps with mine. I will be building a new PC soon though.

LMAO! He goes from Integrated to the 6800Ultra like that! LMAO!! That is funny for some reason, of which I cannot explain at the moment.

money_man said:
whats the ip address of the server you play on? i'd liek to play u sometime

I don't play on any yet because of too much of a lag, but when i start playing i will pm you

EasternDigital said:
LMAO! He goes from Integrated to the 6800Ultra like that! LMAO!! That is funny for some reason, of which I cannot explain at the moment.

It wont be "like that". I have to save a month and a half of my pay to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom